PDA

View Full Version : Sharp shooting headaches

A15
28-05-14, 23:24
Hi all - this is going to be a long post but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I used to suffer from horrendous HA about 3 years ago but managed to overcome it with betablockers and a change of career (I think the distraction/lifestyle change helped)

Anyway I've recently had a gorgeous little girl and all of a sudden my HA is back and worse than ever before. I had an amazing pregnancy and labour without any panic at all. I'm a first time mum.

Think it started when my husband accidently elbowed me in the top of head 2 months ago. It wasn't even sore but all of a sudden I had a massive panic attack and was covinvinced I had bleeding in the brain etc. I was having panic attacks constantly until 2 weeks ago they seemed to reign in. I can't get betablockers ATM as I'm BF. :(

However today I began having shooting sharp pains in the right side of my head from about 9am-9pm!! They are terrifying and I get a wave of nausea/panic with them convinced I'm about to drop dead!!!

They seemed to get worse when I was drying my hair with my head upside down which has freaked me out!! Any thoughts???

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Should add the headaches only last a few seconds and are about 30mins apart

RoseEve
29-05-14, 02:41
I get this too. It's anxiety. I get all sorts of head pain.

bingjam
29-05-14, 09:19
I also get this too... think they are called icepick headaches. ..