PDA

View Full Version : New and feeling awful

ArtsyJess
29-05-14, 02:54
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been losing control of myself more and more. My anxiety has always been with me, I had one bad bout of it in 2006, and now am having another bad run of it. I have been super anxious since January when my dad got a stomach bug and as an emetophobe, I freaked out thinking I was next (I never got it). However, it seemed everyone around me was getting it, including fellow classmates. I'm in a physical therapy program, and my classmates whom I practice on getting stomach bugs is not very good for those like me. My academic pressures were immense this past semester, which only made my anxiety worse. I wasn't eating enough, and when I did eat I immediately felt sick. I was so afraid that everything I ate, even foods I love, would make me puke. My nervous belly soon turned into indigestion, which has just recently turned into heartburn and pain. I'm terrified something horrible is going on with my stomach, I feel awful and anxious all the time. I can't talk to my parents anymore because they can't stand it. I have to start a clinical internship next Monday for all of June, I'll be working 8:30-5 Mon-Fri and I'm terrified that my symptoms will plague me. I eat extremely healthy and can still not get rid of my symptoms (I have always ate extremely healthy). The only thing that I eat that is a trigger is coffee in the morning after my breakfast, but even lately I haven't had much because I've felt awful. Pretty much at a lost, terrified, super depressed and so anxious that as soon as I wake up in the morning my heart is racing like I've just taken a shot of espresso. I spend most of my days lately crying in my room feeling alone :(

bimmer18
29-05-14, 04:55
You are absolutely NOT alone!! There are 51,000+ people on this site alone to prove that, and millions of others going through the same thing. I'm not one to jump to meds but have you talked to your doc about these symptoms, who could put you on something to help with the nausea and heartburn? Possibly consulting a professional would help. Hang in there Jess!!

Angelika
29-05-14, 09:54
I sometimes think - If only I could turn off the switch I could rest and gain a sense of proportion. But the minute I wake, whooosh goes the adrenaline and off I go again until I end up tired, worried it will never end and increasingly down. You aren't alone.