PDA

View Full Version : First day off melatonin and it's back to this..

hearthstone25
29-05-14, 12:43
I think the biggest problem of my life is my ability to sleep my much needed 8 hours. The issue I've always had is I'll wake up after about 2-4 hours then I'll be wide awake for a few hours before I'm tired again.

I tried melatonin and it helped me fall back asleep but it also made me feel sort of groggy. I heard you should only be on it for a couple weeks so tonight is the first night off of it and my sleep is back to exactly what it was before.

Anybody else have the problem of waking up after a few hours and being wide awake?

Oosh
29-05-14, 15:20
I wouldn't say its a problem but yes, it's something I experience from time to time.

If I'm woken after an initial sleep I will generally start thinking, feel fresh and alert (because I've had that initial rest) then I'll be awake for hours until the next circadium rhythm or whatever comes around then in wiped out. Unfortunately, typically that wave of tiredness will come around an hour or so before I'm due to get up for work.

I tried a magnesium supplement once. Woke early 3/4 and stated awake every time. Now that I think about it I did this with 5htp too.

Soon as I click into that thinking mode I'm wake for a few hours.