PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Poo

soulsby8105
29-05-14, 19:49
Can anyone please help me as I am absolutely crippled with panic, I have yellow stools sometimes solid sometimes diarroeah, sometimes after I've ate I get a really bad tummy pain and have to rush to the loo, I also have a feeling on my right hand side below my rib, not a pain more of an ache and also have a burning acidy feeling in my tummy. Have been to the docs who is taking bloods and has also referred me as an URGENT case for an ultrasound he suspects gallstones? i have drank a btl wine every night for quite a few year and I am terrified I have a serious liver condition or cancer. My symptoms started a few weeks ago. Please can someone reply with reassurance so I can calm down a bit. Oh I have now cut alcohol completely and haven't had diarroeah for 2 days although pop still yellow.

Annie0904
29-05-14, 19:58
There are a number of reasons why they could be yellow but the reasons can only be found by blood tests and scans. It may be as your Doctor has said gallstones. Gallstones are not serious. Try not to jump to worst case scenarios as it may be something much more simple (like gallstones).

Worriedwellornot
29-05-14, 21:14
Soulsby I have had all the same symptoms as you and I'm fine. Please take comfort from that!

nomorepanic
29-05-14, 21:23
I get yellow poo as well. I think it is when you eat too much fatty foods maybe

Fishmanpa
29-05-14, 21:30
Gall bladder issues can cause your poo to be yellow.

Good for you on giving up the drink. Self medicating with alcohol is definitely not good for your anxiety nor your health.

Positive thoughts