PDA

View Full Version : New here, am seeking help with this symptom

Anthony7
30-05-14, 12:55
Hey everyone was wondering it someone could help me out. I am 22 male 6'2 230 in pretty good shape. Smoke about a half pack a day. Since December I've had horrible panic disorder and GAD so bad I can barely leave my house. It started when I was away at school when I had bad palps and chest pains and freaked out and too an ambulance ride to the er. Since then it's been horrible. Had to quit school and my job. I have been to the hospital about 20 times and every time they say stress reaction etc. I have been given lexapro to start by my psyc 10mg i have not started that yet. And for about 4 months have been on xanax .5mg 3x daily. I've had every test done under the sun so you think that would give me some relief but unfortunately it does not. Now my current biggest fear is having a stroke. For some weird reason even though it's highly unlikely. My current horrible symptom is everything on my right side has been a weird numb feeling. My arm and my leg kinda like someone hit me in the funny bone but it's constant and won't go away and also not funny lol. This freaks me out even more and I went to the er again last night and had a ct scan was normal and doc said I looked fine neurologically and said it was probably something with motor? Idk it's scary and I was wondering if anybody had the same thing. Is it possibly my anxiety is manifesting towards my right side because of the fear of stroke? Also had 3 previous cts and one MRI so they probably woulda picked up on it if it was a neurological disease no? Anyway Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

swgrl09
30-05-14, 13:00
I can't speak to what your symptom might be, but I imagine if you have had 4 CTs total and an MRI, something would have been spotted by now!

When do you start lexapro? I just wanted to add that Lexapro was a god-send to me when I was on it. It really helped my anxiety more than I ever thought possible.

Anthony7
30-05-14, 13:28
Hey thanks for the reply I am actually starting it today reluctantly because I've been nervous about taking that too lol

Forgot to mention that prior to this feeling on my side I had a killer headache for about 3 weeks that didn't break and some increased floaters and dizziness