PDA

View Full Version : Holiday has been a washout :(

Gemmal
30-05-14, 16:20
I thought I was over my lymphoma fears and to ease my holiday nerves I got a full blood count done last week everything normal - I felt great ! For one day only .

Now I'm in Portugal and trying really hard to enjoy myself but keep convincing I'm having serious pain in my lymph area after a night of drinking .

My nodes aren't swollen as such . I'm so mad at myself as I was in the exact same position last year and the year before . I visit Portugal at the same time every year and I can't remember the last time I wasn't so worried about this ! I don't want to visit a doctor here so I'm just trying to put this out my mind!

Serenity1990
30-05-14, 18:02
Well given you have been tested for it and you didn't have it last week, I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about this week.

I mean, if you're going to have health anxiety at least mix it up a bit and worry about some other illness you don't have!

SADnomore
30-05-14, 21:53
Hunni, I realize you're on vacay and all ... but as you may have heard, alcohol and anxiety don't mix! I will bet money this is what's going on. Try a couple nights with mocktails instead, still as yummy without the booze, and the HA should back off! To me, it wouldn't be worth it to suffer like you are. :lac:

Have a swim for us! (Don't forget the sunscreen!) xx
Marie

Fishmanpa
31-05-14, 02:39
I thought I was over my lymphoma fears and to ease my holiday nerves I got a full blood count done last week everything normal - I felt great ! For one day only .

Now I'm in Portugal and trying really hard to enjoy myself but keep convincing I'm having serious pain in my lymph area after a night of drinking.

My nodes aren't swollen as such . I'm so mad at myself as I was in the exact same position last year and the year before . I visit Portugal at the same time every year and I can't remember the last time I wasn't so worried about this ! I don't want to visit a doctor here so I'm just trying to put this out my mind!

Nuff said.... Drinking and anxiety don't mix. Abstain from drinking and enjoy your holiday :)

Positive thoughts

Gemmal
01-06-14, 13:37
Thanks everyone ! I am staying off the alcohol , had a bit of a panic attack last night . I'm still not so sure if my mind is strong enough to produce these pains ! But going by the length of time I've been waiting for a diagnosis ( two and a half years ) and my normal bloods they surely must be all in my head ?

SADnomore
01-06-14, 17:06
Yes, indeed. ... Lie on the beach and listen to the waves. Or have a nice lunch in town. Enjoy! You're fine :) Life is good ... xx
Marie