PDA

View Full Version : blood clot

scared mum
30-05-14, 18:32
Hi all im new to this ive been suffering with panic attacks for many years due to heart palpitations ive just had a baby and was getting pain in my calf went to the doctors who did a blood test for dvt today I had to go in to doctors and my blood test came back positive im now really scared and my panic as started up again im worried im going to die ive got to go for s scan to see if it is dvt as doctor said the screening blood came back positive been getting loads of palpitations this evening has any one had same thing im also worried about taking the blood thinners im at my wits end please help :(

Elliott
01-06-14, 18:19
Hey, have you learned anything new since you posted? I am sorry you had to get those blood test results, I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I know how lonely it can be waiting without answers and feeling scared of dying, so I can relate. I also have palpitations. Most likely you won't have any blood clots, sometimes tests are positive for different reasons, though the worry before you get any results back from further testing, is hard to shake.

bimmer18
01-06-14, 18:24
I have had a few friends get blood clots. One had to take a pill daily and get checked every couple of weeks until it went away. The other friend gave herself shots. Both gals are perfectly fine now and it went away in a couple of months.
Although I'm not sure what DVT is.

Deepthinker
01-06-14, 19:23
Scaredmum, I'm not sure what dvt is, but my dad and a very close friend of mine have both dealt with blood clots and both are doing very well now. My dad is 78 and my friend 48. You will be in my prayers. Remain hopeful and remember you are never alone. Hope you are feeling better, soon!

MRS STRESS ED
01-06-14, 19:27
Hi all im new to this ive been suffering with panic attacks for many years due to heart palpitations ive just had a baby and was getting pain in my calf went to the doctors who did a blood test for dvt today I had to go in to doctors and my blood test came back positive im now really scared and my panic as started up again im worried im going to die ive got to go for s scan to see if it is dvt as doctor said the screening blood came back positive been getting loads of palpitations this evening has any one had same thing im also worried about taking the blood thinners im at my wits end please help :(

Your not going to die you will have your scan and if the worst out come is a clot they will send you home and you will have to have a small injection an anticoagulant everyday for a few weeks you will be fine and if its nothing thats even better xx