PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear

Alice1
30-05-14, 20:30
Hi guys, I've had heart flutters alot today for whatever reason so it's been a bit rough.
Prehaps that's why I'm now overly worrying.

I cut my finger yesterday on a metal can and don't have a plaster to cover it. It's only been a day and it seems to be scabbing slightly and everything but my knuckle around the cut is really red, especially when I bend my knuckle, and I can't stop thinking that it might be infected and if I should go and see if it needs antibiotics or not.

I don't really want to go to the walk in centre as it takes hours so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. It it normal for wounds to be fairly red and tingly a few days after they happend. Especially if it's on my knuckle?
Is it ok if I just wait and see what happenes for the next few days or is that dangerous if it is infected?

Ah, I know I'm being silly but today was rough. Sometimes it gets very tiring.
Thanks.

bimmer18
30-05-14, 23:09
I get that feeling whenever I cut myself. ..itchy, red, tight, etc. Do you guys have Neosporin over there?

bingjam
30-05-14, 23:16
If its on the knuckle, when you opens and close your hand or move your hand, you will feel it...

If the cutbis healing and its going dry and scabby then your just kind of stretching it when you use your hand..

Im not sure if ive explained what im trying to explain to well in all fairness..

Errm but it doesn't sound like its infected, just that the scabs getting irritated when you use your hand..

Booboojenny
30-05-14, 23:50
Sorry to hear you have cut your finger...I put Vaseline on all my cuts/spots moist healing doesn't scar and the wound heels from within, learnt that from my cosmetic surgeon when moles were removed, not a sign of a scar...if you are ever worried about infected small cuts pure tea tree oil on the wound will stop it becoming infected, used it many a times.
If it is infected it will be red and hot around the area...sure you will be fine though ..hope you sleep well :)