PDA

View Full Version : feeling sick and low will this ever stop

tracieann
30-05-14, 22:16
Had a reasonable day pain wise took less Omeprazole didn't take one last night got up not much pain coped all day small and often eating just had a bag of crisps about an hour ago then just felt so sickly had to take one saw a friend today getting over a bug hope I haven't caught it feel terrible need Dr on Monday desperately feel like something is seriously wrong

bimmer18
31-05-14, 01:13
It sounds like your wheels are spinning....try and take deep breaths, exhaling slowly. Chronic pain would bum anyone out. Give yourself a break and try to relax. Sending hugs your way! :hugs:

tracieann
31-05-14, 09:32
I am at drs tomorrow and am I glad feel crappy need to see a gastro to find out what is going on here I can't tolerate this any longer I've put up with this for almost six months a .nothing getting any better only worse that in itself is reason enough to be checked had endoscopy 2012 Dec well a lot can change in 18 months and a lot has in 6months so I'm going to ask to be referred. It is reassuring to know my bloods were all normal in March but not reassuring to be feeling this crappy my putting up mechanism has run out this is not all anxiety or all in my head 90 percent. Of it's in my stomach thanks bimmer18 for your kind words

HoneyLove
31-05-14, 10:19
Tracieann, omeprazole doesn't work like that, it's not like gaviscon or antacid drugs. You have to take the same amount around the same time every day for it to work properly, it's the cumulative effect of the drugs that helps it work, it's not like gaviscon where they work instantly. When you are coming off it it's better to wean yourself off it over a few weeks.

If you work on reducing your stress levels it will help with how you're feeling too.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

Also just to point out that if you're having trouble with gastritis then fatty foods like crisps will make it worse, you have to be careful what you eat. Look up about an acid reflux or gastritis diet and you'll find more information. Not taking the omeprazole regularly can also make the acid play up a little bit.

tracieann
31-05-14, 13:34
Honey love thank you for your advice I know how Omeprazole works and it's not an instant fix I've had gastritis and duodenitis for FIVE YEARS I've tried all sorts but what I'm saying is,all is not right this time I feel different more poorly this last episode has lasted since March and bowel is,affected too not just stomach I'm finding it increasingly hard to eat and that's not normal I don't normally eat a lot of fatty food like crisps it,was just a fast way to get some calories in because the more weight I lose the more I think I have cancer whilst I appreciate anxiety causes some trouble it's not all of it by a long way

tracieann
31-05-14, 20:27
Oh my God why did I Google it it's all the same symptoms I have its terrifying me wish it was Monday morning I hope she sends me for endoscopy some thing is badly wrong

tracieann
01-06-14, 08:36
Well up all night stomach so painful eating nil mood devastated think I'm getting ready for a horrible diagnosis in such a bad way

tracieann
01-06-14, 17:30
Just tried eating a piece of toast I chewed for a bit then wanted to gag this has to bemore than anxiety surely to God eaten virtually nothing since Friday scared

Jonesle
01-06-14, 18:25
So sorry tracie that you're going through this, try having a cup of soup, easier to eat but still nutrients getting into your system xxx

tracieann
01-06-14, 19:38
Can't bear the thought of it Jones's stomach is burning x

tracieann
02-06-14, 11:55
Been to gps she listened I talked she doesn't think cancer I said can you be certain so she's sending me for endoscopy but not on a cancer wait says she thinks gagging is anxiety disorder she gave me Diaz a two week sick note and said we will get you sorted I hope it's not too serious cos I will be waiting a while for a diagnosis to see her next week

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Just checked out endoscopy list times six weeks I could be dead by then

edwardthebear
02-06-14, 12:27
Does that mean you will have to actually wait six weeks ? Sometimes they state approximate waiting times, maybe if there is a cancellation say, you will get in quicker. I am sure if your Dr had suspected that your problem was of a really serious nature she would have rushed you in asap. I am sorry to hear you are still feeling rotten, Stomach discomfort is horrible. Take care.

tracieann
02-06-14, 15:42
Yes I'm afraid so edwardthebear no cancellations are saved for 2 week waits cancer susp she dissent think mine needs that but did say if things get worse she would upgrade it

flossie
02-06-14, 16:05
Obviously I can't diagnose what is wrong but I can tell you about I felt when unable to eat.
When I first started my long and wonderful journey with anxiety (tongue in cheek before anyone jumps on me) I couldn't eat. I was taking in tiny nibbles of biscuit throughout the day, not enough to begin to fill my stomach or nourish me.
The acid burning in my stomach was awful, the gagging and wretching on an empty stomach painful and distressing. Swallowing food was so difficult. Mine was totally due to high anxiety. I'm not for one moment saying that this is the same for you but I can relate to what you are telling us you are experiencing.
If you can manage things like instant mash or custard to help line your tum and help with the acid reflux. Hopefully you will get an appointment sooner rather than later. good luck.

tracieann
02-06-14, 17:19
Flossie:huh: so many thanks for that it helps a lot my depression is also dreadful as is HA I am just afraid of the what is cos I do have tummy probs anyway my Dr is good if she was in anyway suspect she would do a cancer wait earlier I tried bread but smaller bites and I almost finished a croissant I'm very proud must try to keep fighting