PDA

View Full Version : some more support needed please

angiebaby
11-12-06, 21:11
Hi, sorry i haven't been on for ages but we have changed our internet provider and had loads of trouble and it's taken weeks and weeks to get it back on line. But i'm back now.
Well, have not been doing so back until recently. Off work sick at the moment, having real problems with unreality, dissociation and disorientation and this is really drinving me insane! Cannot come to terms with the fact that i don't recognize myself or my family and my dizziness is terrible. But i have not had a panic attack for months, since the Seroxat finally came out of my system i suppose. That is until this morning. I feel awful, i had a lie in today, the first for ages, just got up to go to the loo and WHAM there it was, old faithful returned in full swing sorry to say. My chest was pounding, unreality was worse and i managed to get back to the bed. Luckily my husband was here, when i recognize him that is, and i told him my heart was off again. He tried to reassure me and had me lie down and took my pulse. It was batting away at 107 and my whole body was shaking. Thought i was going to die, haven't felt like this for ages and it's really thrown me, totally not fair i have enough to deal with without this horror again. Anyone have some support for me please for any of the symptoms that i feel. Thanks for reading.
Angiebaby.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

Ladym
11-12-06, 21:20
Oh, I relate. I'd been PA free for two weeks, still living in fear of them, but not actually having one - then on Sunday night BAM. It's so disheartening.
But I think the best thing to tell yourself is that you've done so well to be feeling better for a while. This isn't a total setback, just a blip. If you can feel better even just for a few days, then you can feel better for longer and longer each time until the next thing you know, you've got your life back (y'know, the times when going to the shops wasn't like setting off on an expidition to climb Everest!).
Don't berate yourself for this, it's not your fault you're ill - if you were fending off a cold and then sneezed out of the blue, you wouldn't blame yourself, would you? Instead, congratulate yourself for managing to fight this for a while. That shows a real inner strength that's been there all along, and it's just waiting for you to call on it to kick some panicky butt again!
Hugs
Anna xxx

Granny Primark
11-12-06, 21:44
Angie first let me send you loads and loads of hugs.
I totally agree with Anna this is just a blip. We shouldnt keep asking ourselves why and beating ourselves up with this. No one chooses to be ill and no one certainly doesnt choose to have panic attacks.
Its difficult i know but try and stay positve. Be proud of yourself and be determined these evil things called panic attacks wont get the better of you.
I really hope you feel better soon.

Take care
LYNN xx

angiebaby
11-12-06, 22:34
Thankyou both for your support, just been really down all day today because of this, you know how it is. I know i'm not the olny one but i'm living with such a lot at the moment anyway, just don't think i can cope with anymore. Thanks for replying.
Angie.x

groovygranny
11-12-06, 22:54
Hi angiebaby, this is so awful isn't it? Experiencing a bit of the same myself at the moment, although not nearly as bad as you, you poor thing. Felt totally out of it in school today, couldn't wait for home time! We've got to hold on to the fact, and it is fact, that these 'episodes' horrible though they are, are only temporary and will eventually pass. Mine is self inflicted at the moment (silly GG) and so I have feelings of frustration and failure racing through my mind at the same time. But life is still worth living, every moment of it so we musn't waste a second.

I do hope you will be feeling better very soon, please PM me if you feel like it.

Lotsa love

GG [:P] x

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

tamla
11-12-06, 23:18
hi angie i no wot your going thru ive been suffering with this for 9 years on and off its bloody awful especially that feeling of unreality and everythink and everyone around you is so strange that feeling of loosing control its so frightining im so sorry i havent got any advice to give you as id really love some myself all i can say is that your not on your own and it will pass i could tell you loads wot my mind has gone thru over the years silly thoughts like wots this all about and how do we function i have days were i canot go over the door ur if i am out ive got to rush home and when im home i just want to run away from it.my doc once told me it was just a tierd mind and gave me a script for antidepressents ive been on them now for 9 years some tierd mind ive got ha anyway hun feel free to mail me if you want to chat i find it reasuring to talk to someone who can relate to wot your goin thru so feel free luv tamla

t motown

angiebaby
12-12-06, 13:16
Thankyou for your kind words of support, i know im not the only one, but it is REALLY scary. I can go out and go places but i feel like i'm not really there and don't know what's going on, frightens me lots, gotta try and keep going i suppose, that's the only way as far as i can tell by what i've read and searched for. Just try and push it away, fight it and try to get back to how we all used to be. Easier said than done hey. Thanks again, love Angiebaby.x