PDA

View Full Version : would the Dr know I complained?

Katie_cupcakes
30-05-14, 23:52
If I sent a complaint to the manager of my gp surgery, would it be confidential or would it be put on my medical records for all doctors to see that I made a complaint?

Apparently the NHS board doesn't deal with my gp surgery.

nomorepanic
31-05-14, 00:00
The best thing to do is ask the surgery what would happen so they can advise

Booboojenny
31-05-14, 00:07
It would not be put on our medical records it is confidential...good luck:)

anthrokid
31-05-14, 06:13
It SHOULD be confidential. The best way to ensure that it remains confidential is simply to ask that they not share your personal details. If you are still concerned following that, it's a good idea to put a little sentence at the end of the email, something like "this details of this email are private and confidential and personal details should not be disclosed beyond the individual who was the intended recepient of the original email" or something like that.

AlexandriaUK
31-05-14, 11:34
I have to say that as far as I know of course the Dr who is concerned will have to know or they cannot put there side to your complaint.
Don't worry though they will not use it against you in fact they will treat you better.
I would suggest that firstly you speak to your Doctor and tell them your concerns so they can maybe sort it out direct.
If you are going to change Drs anyway it want matter anyway.

Magic
31-05-14, 12:18
Yes it's true what Alexandria says. My sister went to see the practise manager about her GP with a complaint. She went on seeing the GP and was treated better after that.