PDA

View Full Version : desperately need reassurance

halfwayhome
11-12-06, 21:44
All in all, I feel I've been doing better since I started on the medication, but one thing is really terrifying me - I don't know who remembers, but my main physical symptom that was terrifying me was a strnage sensation and sense of weakness on my right side - mostly in my arm & leg. There was some numbness on the right side of the face as well, but that's gone for the most part now. Three docotrs have examined me - none saw need for an MRI or CT scan and two told me quite firmly this was due to anxiety and stress after perfirming some tests on me - no scans.
Anyway, so things have been better lately, and they started FEELING better after I spoke to my old psychaitrist.
My one fear though is that when I first wake up - right in those first few seconds - that's when it's the worst. That's when I feel these horrible sensations in my right arm & leg. It feels almost like an energy in them, like I MUST move them and when I do, they mostly feel better until I put them in another position that they don't like.
This is scaring me because if my symptoms really are "psycho-sematic" as I've been told (and I do trust my doctor.) then how can they be most strong, when I'm barely conscious?? Is this really possible???
Please help, really scared again.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

hunny
11-12-06, 23:39
Hiya

I really want to reassure you about this,because its a very common anxiety symptom,i promise you,as ive had similar for years now.Sometimes they are caused by a rush of stress hormone which creates the need to move and sort of shake the feeling away

I have been woken up from sleep with strange symptoms(anxiety)too

I know its hard to believe but really its true,your Drs are right honey

Love
Hunny x