PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with having a heart attack?

Poggy
31-05-14, 21:35
Hey, Im new here.

I have suffered with anxiety for a while, it started off with feeling constantly sick and like I could vomit at any moment, all day every day.

After 18 months of this it went away, and for 3 months I felt 'normal' my nan died almost 3 months ago and since then I have become obsessed with dying.

I keep feeling like I am going to have a heart attack, to the point where I get the pain in my left arm and crushing feeling/breathlessness in my chest.

Deep down I know it is just my anxiety, Im 24 years old and reasonably healthy person. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you.

caroline-j
31-05-14, 21:53
Hi Poggy, Sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother. Like you i suffer Anxiety. Even though the dr says anxiety wont harm you I still think im going to drop dead of a heart attack as I put my body through so much. Hope you start to feel better soon. t.c x

Poggy
31-05-14, 22:08
Thanks for your reply.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Anxiety makes me miserable and takes over my life.

I did not really cry over my Nans death, I think this could be my own way of dealing with it?

marlowe78
31-05-14, 22:43
My grandfather had a heart attack and needed bypass surgery a few years ago. I lost him in 2008 when he died in bed of what seemed to be heart failure. This has made me paranoid about my heart while dealing with my anxiety problems, added to the fact that I had a bad temper for years before I finally cut that nonsense out.

I, too, wish that I can stop worrying about it. The heart is such an important part of the body, though, and I get palpitations at some point almost every day and it calls attention to the fact...even though I was ECG-d and given my doctor's blessing recently.