PDA

View Full Version : Upper backache

violet33
01-06-14, 00:05
Hello, i was walking down steps & I did not trip or fall, but suddenly, somehow something twisted or pulled below left knee over to left above the calf. It happened quickly, I'm guessing I pulled something. It was very painful & then began radiating to knee. To compensate for leg pain which lasted at least a wk & still have it but improving, I had to actually maneuver out of a sitting position because standing to sitting was quite painful due to wt on leg. I think maybe I hurt my back trying to maneuver out of sitting position over the course of a wk. I'm still having some difficulty rising from sitting. I'm panicking that backache has more serious source as i out of anxiety catastrophize unfortunately. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

yenool
01-06-14, 07:28
Backache is really, really common and the vast majority of the time has no serious cause. It is usually mechanical/muscular. It sounds like you pulled a muscle when you twisted your knee or that you have put some extra strain on your back by compensating for the leg pain.

You should try to stay active as possible but if the pain is getting worse or too severe then obviously see a doctor.

violet33
01-06-14, 13:20
Thank You for your response!