PDA

View Full Version : Posting in the relevant forum

nomorepanic
01-06-14, 00:38
Please can I ask that members do not post everything under the Health Anxiety forum when there are many sub-forums that are relevant for their condition.

I created lots of sub-forums so people with similar issues can post in there and read other people's experiences with the same problems.

I am constantly moving posts from the HA forum that are more suited to the other forums so please think about where your post needs to go.

Thank You

nomorepanic
02-06-14, 23:38
I am still moving loads of posts each day so can I please ask again to post in the relevant forum

SADnomore
02-06-14, 23:49
Okay, Nic! We'll need to stop and see if it maybe can go under one of the medications forums, or a different kind of anxiety, depression from anxiety, etc. Just takes a sec, you're right. Much faster for us to do as we start a thread :blush:
Thanks,
Marie

Cú Chulainn
03-06-14, 11:59
Just throwing this out there, Maybe be people don't look much at the No More Panic Announcements Sub-Forum.
Maybe you should post it in a Sub-Forum where posters are more likely to see it (Health Anxiety)?

nomorepanic
03-06-14, 13:19
I don't see why members don't read posts in here as they are important.

My welcome PM that is sent to all new members does say:

"Please make some time to read the most recent posts under the "Announcements" forum. "

It defeats the object of having this forum if I post it in the HA forum

venusbluejeans
03-06-14, 13:36
I do have to say that an awful lit of my time is also moving things around the forum..... so I echo Nics statement.....Please think about where you post, we have so many parts to the forum to make life easier and better for you and so people are able to look and give the advice that people need.

hanshan
03-06-14, 14:16
Or perhaps NMP should set up a No More Health Anxiety website, and send all those folks over there, where they can work out their own forums and the like.

Health anxiety is a very legitimate anxiety disorder, but I don't think it is helped by seeking constant reassurance, which is what I think many HA sufferers are using NMP for.

At the moment, NMP is being moderated by people who I believe are not HA sufferers. Rather, I'd like to see a website for HA sufferers moderated by HA sufferers.

nomorepanic
03-06-14, 14:54
Why does it matter that I personally do not suffer with HA when it comes to moderation of the forum?

hanshan
03-06-14, 15:26
Hi Nicola,

In one sense, it doesn't matter at all because you are doing a fantastic job and more, and then some.

But it does matter to me because HA seems to be taking so much space, and I'd like to see people with HA lining up as HA moderators.

nomorepanic
03-06-14, 15:30
Thanks

We are trying to move the posts from HA forum to more relevant ones but people see the HA forum as the busiest so post there.

Do you mean people replying more to the HA posts to try and reduce the number of such posts about it - or something else?

Cú Chulainn
03-06-14, 17:12
We are trying to move the posts from HA forum to more relevant ones but people see the HA forum as the busiest so post there.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head, If you could turn the Viewing counters off then maybe people would spend more time choosing where to post rather than just choosing the busiest.

I just went on there, first time in awhile and there was a post more suited for introduction and two or three that would have been more appropriate in the General Anxiety section.

venusbluejeans
03-06-14, 17:24
people aren't posting in the HA section because it is busiest though.... they are posting there because they do have Health anxiety but their problem would be better suited going in another sub-forum.

say Someone Posted says "I have missed my Period and now I am worried that I have cancer" or "I went to the Toilet and my Penis stung"...... instead of the Health Anxiety forum the Posts would be more suited to the Female Personal issues and Male personal issues respectively. this goes for the other sub forums too.

So what we ask is that you have a look at the Forum and see which would be the best for you to post in

Emmz

nomorepanic
03-06-14, 18:01
I think people ARE posting in there cos it is the busiest forum - some members have said so in their posts when I have moved them.

Cú Chulainn
03-06-14, 19:00
Is there anyway to move the Viewer Counter Off, maybe for a trial run?

nomorepanic
03-06-14, 19:02
Not sure but I think it is good to see how active a website forum is based on thread/post count.

venusbluejeans
03-06-14, 20:51
people aren't posting in the HA section because it is busiest though.... they are posting there because they do have Health anxiety but their problem would be better suited going in another sub-forum.

say Someone Posted says "I have missed my Period and now I am worried that I have cancer" or "I went to the Toilet and my Penis stung"...... instead of the Health Anxiety forum the Posts would be more suited to the Female Personal issues and Male personal issues respectively. this goes for the other sub forums too.

So what we ask is that you have a look at the Forum and see which would be the best for you to post in

Emmz

Ooops sorry I missed out the word 'just' it was meant to say...

people aren't just posting in the HA section because it is busiest though

hanshan
04-06-14, 07:18
Hi,

I'm wondering if there are people with anxiety but not HA who come to NMP, see all the HA posts, and think it's just a HA website. They may drift away or not get involved.

The HA sub-forums mostly relate to health issues that are caused by or directly affected by anxiety (except women's and men's issues). That's clearly NMP territory.

But what of all the posts by people who are anxious they might have a non-anxiety physical issue, like heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, cancer, multiple sclerosis, mad cow disease, and so on? There are multiple issues involved - some to do with physical health and others to do with anxiety, and I'm not sure what the best way is to deal with them.