PDA

View Full Version : Can OCD become Schizophrenia?

Alexocelix
11-12-06, 22:41
Nice simple question here because I'm scaring myself before I go to bed. Over the last couple of days I've got into the bad habit of viewing OCD as an internal demon of sorts. I just finished getting ready for bed, and ignored an urge to turn lights off in a certain pattern, and felt pride, then guilt, then thought I'm gonna punish myself for this somehow, or I will be punished. I don't know much about Schizphrenia, and I'm avoiding googling it for obvious reasons, but am I fooling myself?

Alexocelix
11-12-06, 22:43
I mean the scary thing is, I thought, I'm gonna punish you, to myself. Argh! I've been letting most of the thoughts slip today as well. To the point where I have managed to have a nice day just doodling around doing things. This thought was hard to let slip though.

Fly2Freedom
11-12-06, 23:42
Ocd controls me and it makes me feel guilty but its not schizophrenia so dun worry yourself about that ok.
Say OM MANI PADME HUM a few times before you sleep k.
It shifts negativity. [|)]

Love & light to you x

http://www.youarethelightmovie.com/

Nel
12-12-06, 09:40
Simple answer to a simple question. No.

Alexocelix
13-12-06, 06:37
Thanks. I'm in a real real pickle. Last night I had a good chat with a relative and really talked out my problems and managed a good night's sleep. Now this morning, getting ready for work, I just feel so totally guilty at challenging/talking about my OCD that I know I'm gonna get really bad OCD feelings all day. I feel like if I try to deal with/talk about OCD thoughts, something terrible will happen, like I will hear voices or be compelled to hurt someone. However, not talking about them is like letting them take a further grip on me. I'm due to see my CBT guy today, so I know that today is gonna be a very hard day, I'm gonna literally be having urges not to get help. This is how people develop agrophobia I guess.

Alexocelix
13-12-06, 09:09
How about this one, if it's all in the mind and I want to get better, why would my upset side be screaming out to stop myself getting better? Have a got a guilt-driven split personality problem?

Fly2Freedom
13-12-06, 18:18
No its your own inner voice talking to you,the negative side.
Find ways to shut it up,distraction if you like.

http://www.life-with-confidence.com/positiveconversationtips.html

I have it and sometimes I blast it with headphones whilst listening to some classical tunes or something.
Life is hard and then you die but we must find ways through this and finally get some peace and happiness.

Love & light to you x

http://www.youarethelightmovie.com/

Alexocelix
19-12-06, 15:17
I've just had a meeting with some mental health workers. They and I both think that my problems are anxiety, depression and ocd, but I'm still not convinced. I had this stupid little voice in my head saying 'I've fooled them'. Why oh why?!

bb01234
08-01-07, 02:40
hi there, your unconscious mind will fight tooth and nail to continue to 'do' OCD for you. It won't want you to stop OCDing even thought it doesn't seem to offer any benefits for you.

As said - it won't become schozie... and it won't go away by itself. Yes, if might abate, a bit like that painful tooth gets better the moment we go into the dentists waiting room ... but it's still there.

The OCD is a symptom, it's really just that. Your u/c mind has elected to choose this route to link back to whatever cause has precipated it.

Unless and until the cause is identified the OCD will remain. If the ocd is 'squashed' and got rid off inneffectively, say, by clinical hypnotherapy, a different symptom will be generated by your u/c mind to replace it.

Your mind is powerful and always chooses the path of least resistance.

Regards

Brian