PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever want to

I'mdave27
01-06-14, 15:26
Do you ever feel like your living life on automatic ? Life is about feeling it. It's about feeling alive not just about being alive. For example , I could sit here tell you I'm a strong person but whether I feel I is a totally different thing , I hope it makes sense. I just keep having these thoughts about all the materialism we've become accustomed to and I feel this has stopped us from reaching our full potential as people this doesn't apply to everyone but it does to a lot of people , it's not you're fault. What we need is good old plain living without the fancy cars etc the less you have is really the more you have

swgrl09
01-06-14, 15:37
Part of the reason I got off lexapro is that it limited my capacity to feel strong emotions. It was great at containing my depression and anxiety, so I was able to actually go about my life again. But eventually I realized that although I wasn't feeling depressed, I also wasn't feeling truly happy and appreciating the little moments in life that often get forgotten.

I'mdave27
01-06-14, 15:40
I feel like that on sertraline but feel like I have no other option as it does help. The things is I can be a right old moody boy but these help me keep me calm as I think they sedate me. God I'm messed up lol

swgrl09
01-06-14, 15:42
Well, I agree. I needed to be on it for a year because I really couldn't deal with life anymore and it helped me get through that. I wouldn't change my decision to be on them, but once I had a lot of therapy and could cope, I knew I wanted to try getting off it. You aren't messed up lol you make sense!

I'mdave27
01-06-14, 15:46
I know sometimes I can be anxious or depressed because I like to cope on my own as I hate asking for help. I believe the solution to your problem will come when you are ready to receive it but first you have to open your heart , mind and eyes. I think a lot of peoples anxiety is due to fear of other peoples opinions if they don't do what's asked of them so instead they become a people pleaser which is stupid but that's the way we've chosen to live , it's more comfortable for some people to be controlled.