PDA

View Full Version : Being home alone

LittleM
01-06-14, 15:57
I have chronic fatigue syndrome and my symptoms can often just happen or get worse without doing anything. This causes me a lot of anxiety when home alone because I feel vulnerable and just wish someone was here in case I need them.

I'm 23 and rely on my Dad still but when he's away on business my anxiety gets so bad and I get so panicky. I'm sure I make my symptoms a lot worse because of the anxiety but I always wonder 'what if this happens' 'what if that happens'.

I never used to be like this, but then I've not always had chronic fatigue. In addition my Mum recently passed away and being alone in the house has never been something I've done for a long period of time since I was at university 4 years ago as she was always here, albeit unwell herself.

I have numbers of friends and neighbours in case I need to ring them but I still feel so anxious :( how do I just remind myself that I'll be okay?

I could do with just some moral support and cheering up.

swgrl09
01-06-14, 17:51
I am sorry to hear about your mom. I lost mine 3 years ago and it was the hardest thing I've been through in my life. :hugs:

I empathize with you. I struggle when my husband is away because I am not as busy doing things with him and I am sitting alone just thinking about stuff, which of course triggers anxiety.

Maybe get out of the house and go to a friend's or have them over if you can't get out. I find that when I keep busy, it's not as bad. Go for a walk, read a book, something to get your mind busy with something else.