PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotic for swollen lymph nodes question

joni0407
01-06-14, 21:00
I have swollen lymph nodes in my armpits that I've had for awhile now. I've also had a antibiotic sitting here for a week that I'm supposed to be taking for it. I absolutely hate taking any medications especially one I've never taken before. This one is called Clindamycin and I have never heard of it or taken it before. I am so afraid of a allergic reaction to it and I already know 2 minutes after taking it my mind is going to fool me into thinking I can't breathe! Has anyone ever taken this medication?

Fishmanpa
01-06-14, 22:32
Physicians as well as pharmacists take allergic reactions into account when prescribing and dispensing medication. What you've been prescribed is a pretty common antibiotic and your doctor must feel it necessary to kill what apparently is a rather pesky bacterial infection.

You have a choice, not take it and worry about the swollen nodes and getting worse or taking it and deal with getting better. I would choose the latter. A simple call to the pharmacy concerning the medication should set your mind at ease. Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts