PDA

View Full Version : Had to call 999

A15
01-06-14, 21:48
Last night I was enjoying a glass of wine with my hubby when I felt the worst chest pains ever. Thinking it was just anxiety I went outside to calm down and all of a sudden i couldn't breathe and had to call 999, ambulance ruled out heart attack but as my heartbeat was irregular they took me to a&e for another ECG (which was fine). My husband is convinced it was a panic attack but honestly it was 8 out of 10 on the painscale, unlike any anxiety chest pains I've ever had?! Has anyone ever had chests pain that's made them dial 999?

Docs then said I was at risk of a blood clot as I've just had a baby so they took a blood sample and a chest X-ray which came back fine so they discharged me. Just wondering if this was an accurate test or could it produce wrong results?

I've been getting the worse head cramps ever recently on my right side so I'm now convinced I've some sort of blood clot in my brain!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Someone offer some advice?

Carnation
01-06-14, 22:09
Yes,

Had both of these many times. The only reason I stopped phoning was because I felt they were sick of me. I used to think; 'Oh well, if I collapse, they'll have to take me seriously. My Head pain was also on the right-hand side of my head and I was very sensitive to sudden loud noises. I got past this stage, so Hang on in there. If the chest pain starts again, stay calm, elevate your arms with cushions, breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth counting 5 and 7, keep a phone by your side so you feel secure. Phone a friend and have a chat to take your mind off of it or watch a good movie. It will pass. If you really can't bear it and you are fretting too much, phone 111 and they run you through a series of questions and if you pass them, you r ok. If you are worried about the head pain, go and see the Doctor, but I think it is part of the Anxiety, because I had the same.

AlexandriaUK
01-06-14, 22:10
I woudnt imagine they would do the tests and find them all ok and let you go home if they thought there was a risk of further problems with your heart, try not to worry and go and see your own Dr to be reassured, chest pain is very common with anxiety and I think it can be incredibly scary.
Bloodtests would show blood clotting and raised heart enzymes.

A15
01-06-14, 22:34
Thanks for the replies!

To be honest it's the head cramps that scare me the most because it's like a sharp stabbing pain and everytime it happens I'm convinced I'm going to drop dead from an aneurysm :(
I feel like my head is sore all day everyday but hurts more when I focus on it....

Anyone else get constant headaches?

I totally got over my anxiety 3 years ago so I'm hoping I can do it again.

DrIsMySecondHome
02-06-14, 14:27
This very thing has been happening to me for the last few weeks!!
I've just joined the forum today as I'm at the end of my tether with worry.
I had an emcs to deliver my daughter in march and since then I've been very breathless chest pains and a sore leg. I have been Convinced I have a blood clot.
I've been at hospital several times and the doc nearly every week!!
Last week I finally had an X-ray, blood test and an ultrasound of my leg - all clear!
However a couple of days later I stopped feeling as breathless but got terrible head aches and lots of neurological symptoms, fuzzy head, lack of coordination, numbness, tingling, now I'm certain the clot has moved or caused some sort of stroke? I honestly don't trust what the doctors tell me and am starting to wonder if I'm making myself have different symptoms? I'm quite glad to see other people have the same concerns, I hope you feel better soon x

AlexandriaUK
02-06-14, 15:04
Hi you are describing ice pick headaches, these are not fatal but bloody hurt and are caused by posture and tension, also with all the tests blood clots do not just move as to do that they have to travel from the leg to your lungs or heart and to be honest you wouldn't be on here asking, what is it you would be in ICU or sadly dead.
You are moving the symptoms around so as soon as one is "cured" you move it elsewhere.

Trust some one especially your Dr, they trained to diagnose our illnesses and we didn't and nor did Dr Google LOL