PDA

View Full Version : breast lump - very scared

Humly
12-12-06, 08:21
I was doing a check last night and I found what I think is a lump. I dont know how long it has been there as I do not check thoroughly very often as I am scared that I will find something. And now I have. My husband thinks it is nothing but he always says that and I am doing exactly what I shouldnt and going to the doctors this morning. I just cant bear to wait and see. Could be nothing or a cyst or something. I had one in the other breast a few years ago and this turned out to be a blocked duct but this feels different. I am so worried.

yorkylover
12-12-06, 08:26
Hello,Lt,I think you need to see the doctor for peace of mind pet.Get in today if possible.You will be more anxious until you see them.Hope it all goes ok for you.Sorry I havent given you much advise.Thinking of you.
Luv

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
12-12-06, 08:35
Hi LT

Like Ellen says, you are best getting it checked for your peace of mind, could be a little cyst like you say or a blocked duct, i have been to the doctors a number of times when i have found little lumps in my breasts and they have turned out to be nothing serious.

Give the doctors a ring hun and put your mind at rest.

Hugs

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Humly
12-12-06, 08:53
I am going to the doctors later this morning. First thing I did was make an appointment when the docs opened. I hope he will be able to put my mind at rest and doesnt do the "wait and see" thing. Its all the waiting around that gets me. I would rather know one way or the other. The last time I had private health insurance so I was seen very quickly but now its the good old NHS. Anyway, it might not come to that. He might be able to tell me straight away that it is nothing. You know I put myself through all this anguish when I know deep down that it is probably nothing. But what if?

honeybee3939
12-12-06, 08:57
Hi LT

I hope it all goes well at the docs, like us know how things go hun!

Love

Andrea

xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

jo61
12-12-06, 09:12
I'm thinking of you too.

Love Jo xx

strawberrie
12-12-06, 09:18
awww LT, i will be thinking about you. It is horrible isnt it? Ive been to the doctors lots of times with lumps and they have always turned out to be nothing. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Sending lots of hugs your way.

((((((((((((((((((((((((LT)))))))))))))))))))))))) )

mag

anxious
12-12-06, 10:02
thinking of you, hope you get reassurance,

love anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

kittykat
12-12-06, 10:07
Hi LT,
thinking about you his morning, i'm sure everything will be fine, let us no how u get on................tc xx

JennyW
12-12-06, 10:25
Hi LT. Normal course of action now is to be referred regardless of what the doctor thinks.

My breasts are naturally lumpy and I was a bit concerned last year. Doctor just referred me. I'm lucky in that I have private healthcare so was seen within 2 weeks with a consultant. He couldn't find anything suspicious but said that as I was there, it would be a good idea to have a mammogram (I was 38). Anyway, after a few x-rays it turned out to be fine. He did say you should check your breasts a few days after your period and "if" you do find something, then wait until your next period and check again. Funnily enough I was checking them last week and found a little lump, a weekly later I checked again and it had gone. I'm sure everything will be fine.

SamJay
12-12-06, 10:28
Hi LT,
I'll be thinking of you at the Dr's this morning hun, please let us know how it goes when you get back.
I had the same thing back in September and did as you did and went straight to the Dr as soon as I found the lump. It turned out to be a cyst which the Dr reassured me is very common.
All the best hun.
SamJay xxx

lainey
12-12-06, 10:37
Hi LT

Hope everything goes well at the Dr's,
You are doing the right thing by having it checked out, it will put your mind at rest chuck

Take care

Elaine x

Humly
12-12-06, 12:02
Hi everyone. Just back from the Docs (he is such a lovely caring man). Doc doesnt think it is anything suspicious (ie cancer) but he gave me the choice of waiting a few weeks to see what happens or referring me to the breast clinic. I, of course, opted for the latter so now will have to wait for the appointment. Hopefully, it wont take too long. Had a good old cry on the way back but feel slightly better knowing that something is being done and I havent just been sent away. At least he found what I was talking about and at least I will get it sorted out, whatever it is.

Thanks for the replies. No doubt I will be here again soon having a good old winge, so bear with me.

You are all stars.

LT

LT

strawberrie
12-12-06, 13:08
Well done LT on going to see the doctor so quick. It's great that you have such a caring doctor. Like you said, at least you have done something about it now, which is all you can do. I'm sure everything will be fine. Just come and whinge on here whenever you want, and let us know how you get on. I'm sending hugs and lots of happy little faces to go with you to your appointment :) (((((((((((((LT))))))))))))))))) :):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D

mag

matilda
12-12-06, 18:20
You have done the correct thing LT. I had a lump just days before Kylie and was reffered and it was a cyst, gone in seconds!!! You will be fine!!!

honeybee3939
12-12-06, 18:32
Hi LT

Lovely to hear you made it to the docs, i hope you are feeling better now hun, im sure if the doc thought it was serious he would have sent you straight to the hospital, so it sounds like good news to me hun !:D

love

Andrea
xxxx

**whenwillthisend**
12-12-06, 21:10
oh i hope everything goes well for you, im sure it will.....i have lots of lumpy, nodule things in my not so big boobs!......and sometimes i get really worried and focus on lumpy bits i have had years, im scared of finding something unusual too but you have done the right thing and got it checked out-at least the breast clinic will put your mind at ease-you never know it may have gone before you get your appt through
take carex

yorkylover
12-12-06, 23:09
well done on going to the docs,hope its all ok.xxxxxx

Ellen XX

SamJay
13-12-06, 02:41
Hi again LT,
Well done for going to the Dr. I'm glad that you're getting it all checked out. Let us know when you get your next appointment.
Take care. xxx

Humly
05-01-07, 11:18
Hi everyone. I've got my appointment at the hospital next Tuesday. I haven't been too worried over Christmas but I am starting to get a bit nervous now. I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed it wont be anything bad.

LT

lass
05-01-07, 17:25
I know how you feel, I went through this myself just over a year ago. I got myself in more and more of a state as the time got nearer. However, it's worth going through for the peace of mind you get afterwards!

The consultant examined me and asked me to show her what I was feeling - she watched me prodding around and said that you dont find suspicious lumps, they find you! She said I was feeling far too deeply and it was nothing to worry about at all.

But it's good that they send women to breast clinic as a precaution, because I probably would still be worrying now if my GP had just said "nothing to worry about".

Caroline

Humly
09-01-07, 16:34
All is well. Been to the hospital today and turned out to be a cyst which they drained. Thanks for all of your support.

LT

strawberrie
09-01-07, 16:49
i am so pleased for you LT, i have been thinking about you, and wondering if it was all ok. Brilliant news :D

mag

anxious
09-01-07, 17:52
glad it was ok, you must feel relieved,

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

ceecee
09-01-07, 17:58
hi LT i,m so pleased that you are ok.i bet thats a huge weight off your mind!
take care
rach x

kittykat
09-01-07, 19:32
Hi LT,

Glad the news is good , so pleased for you, nothing like relief is there.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

crisscross
09-01-07, 20:51
LT
Sleep well tonight. I am so pleased for you.
Chris x