PDA

View Full Version : Really feel scared everyday

little kyle
02-06-14, 03:45
Hello everyone

I most be the most annoying person on here with all this threads.

Everyday I'm struggling even more than I used to its like its just gotten worse within weeks/months...

I really can't do what I used to be able to do

Football after 5 mins I'm panicking a lot about my breathing its like when i play football for that 5 mins its causing a panic attack

Sex again cause's me to panic about my breathing so i have lost the interest in sex with my partner

Even if I run up the stairs i feel that doom feeling and again panic about my breathing

So now its like I'm setting on my a"£$ a lot to worried I will die the i want be able to breath

In all honesty I am fed-up like a lot of people it concerns me that i can't enjoy things i did before everything got really worse

I wont lie i feel useless feel stuck in a circle and there is no way out...

I take peoples advice and noting is working... the only time i feel free of anxiety is when im asleep.. i just want to cry if im telling the truth

it was my birthday 1/6/2014 and i did not enjoy it so i feel ashamed..... :emot-crying:

what makes me think more is there any success story's that are real and not fiction

bimmer18
02-06-14, 04:37
I just had my birthday on 5/29 and it sucked too. Oh well, we'll have plenty of other bdays to enjoy.
So have you ever been tested for asthma or anything, or are all the doctors saying everything is okay? That sucks none of the advice is working...but there must be something you haven't tried?

little kyle
02-06-14, 04:43
I was told my asthma is well under controll my peak flow ranges between 400-450 I'm only 5ft6 and a small build

She even questioned if I have grown out of it.

I constantly check my peak flow all the time which is not good

---------- Post added at 04:43 ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 ----------

Tablets don't work justake me tired puzzles don't work even video games don't work

bimmer18
02-06-14, 04:44
So you know everything is okay according to the doctors, but you don't feel ok. Have you tried CBT?

little kyle
02-06-14, 04:46
Yes I have cbt just don't feel it working but I will give it the full course I won't know till I try I guess

bimmer18
02-06-14, 04:57
You really don't know if something will work if you don't give it a real go. I know how easy it is to get frustrated and give up...but stick with it. Hoping you'll feel better soon!

Antianxiety
03-06-14, 22:49
Little Kyle, I really feel for you because I have been in the same exact situation since late October last year. Yes I am male but anxiety doesn't give a s**t whether male or female, 15 or 75. I have asthma and also about your height, anxiety, panic attacks, etc around the clock - that is until about a month in a half ago. I've suffered from anxiety for about 20+ years now and it really sucks BUT I have kept it under control. If you spoke to me back in January I would have said I wake up several times a night, heart beating out of my chest, shaking like a leaf, breathing rapidly, and worse of all so dizzy in getting out of bed I fell into the wall a few times, burning neck and shoulder muscles, weak legs, sweating and feeling like I had a fever, and vision affected (sensitivity). This went on for months and I was under large doses of Xanax but nothing seemed to help until I started Celexa (Citalopram). Prior to that I had been on Zoloft 100mG for about 5 yrs and it just stopped working. I really thought I was at the end of the line and would die any moment, that these were warning signs my body was giving up. In parallel to meds I meditated daily for about 3 months, went for cranial & neck massages, and started walking then running every day. The running gets my asthma going but I push through it and use inhaler if needed. I can say things started really improving because things with my family were starting to fall apart because of me obsessing with my health. I could not go places without having full blown attacks. For the last 6 weeks I have been good other than situations that may trigger pins and needles in my neck. My doc sense my neurological system had completely gone haywire and started short circuiting and trying to shut itself down. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT and you may feel it will never end and that there is something more serious with you but IT WILL get better. I swear any day I would be buried, I was even starting to sort things out because I really thought I was going to die and people would not find specific things I wanted to leave behind. It was all catastrophic thinking and nothing ever happened, I am still alive with my asthma and all!!!! Good luck little kyle!, you can do this!!!:yesyes:

StrayWookie
04-06-14, 05:54
little kyle... I so feel you mate. I am pretty much exactly the same as what you say in every sense. My anxiety is so high and has been for so long it is ****ed mate. I am 5'10" and now 42, don't have asthma though I have been smoking since I was 15. I too check my peak flow a couple times a day, and it is always at the top of the scale about 750-800 (yes i have large lung capacity) but I STILL feel like I can't breathe enough. I have been tested and heart and lungs are completely fine. Yet I still feel I am about to die. My heart rate is constantly way over 100 and sometimes up over 160 when I get real anxious. Yet sometimes I also have anxiety attacks and my pulse is barely 90. Anxiety is balls. Avoidance has become agoraphobia for me also, house bound for 9 years now, and that leads to a sedentary life. That leads to weight gain too... not easy to lose it when you fear exercising as it causes panic. Some days I fear even getting up and walking to the bathroom for a piss as my heart rate soars.

IT IS ALL ANXIETY. YOU WILL SURVIVE.

little kyle
04-06-14, 12:44
Just had enough going docs today to put the chips on the table I want full checks and not visual checks

Antianxiety
04-06-14, 17:19
little kyle...full checks is what will break the cycle. Once you get your clean bill of health, which you WILL, it will be much easier to cope. That is what it's taken for me as well. Stay strong and beat the s**t out of this anxiety!

natperez89
21-06-14, 04:37
I had a birthday 4/30/14 I didn't enjoy it I was on panic mode all day cause I kept thinking I was gunna die soon.