PDA

View Full Version : Opticians or drs ?

rebeccad
02-06-14, 07:07
I'm in a major panic still over my eye , for the last 8 or 9 days my right eye has felt sore and scratchy in the corner . The red fleshy bit that's right in the corner ( not sure what it's called ) looks redder than my left . I went the docs she said infection and gave me drops . They've not worked and I feel I should go back as I fly out Saturday. Would I better to go opticians instead or should I just call the surgery , I have a big hang up about them thinking I'm always there :( x

Humly
02-06-14, 07:43
I suppose that opticians know more about eyes but they cant prescribe drops or anything if you need them. Why not try opticians first and see what they say and if they think its an infection you could then go back to doctors x

rebeccad
02-06-14, 19:22
What a day! Went to the opticians who put dye in my eye and said she could see nothing , she commented on how the pink bits in the corner looked like they were petruding and you shouldn't be able to see them , well I've looked at my husband and kids and I can see there's , my one is slightly bigger than the other but maybe it's always been that way :-/ , she said I had dry eyes , I freaked and called my dr who asked me to go in which I did , he looked and didn't comment on anything just said everything looks ok but said to go to minor injuries so they could look , so off I went had drops to freeze my eye and yet again the dye . She said she could see nothing that worried her . I've googled and looked at pictures of tumours in the corner of your eye and mine looks like those . Surely 2 doctors 1 optician and a nurse would have picked this up right ? ��x

Humly
02-06-14, 19:54
Hi. Was it the eye department at the hospital?

rebeccad
02-06-14, 20:05
No just minor injuries x

Humly
02-06-14, 20:12
Well I would agree that two doctors and even more so an optician, who is trained in all things relating to eyes, would have picked something up and if they were at all suspicious would have referred you for further tests. I know its hard but try and put this behind you and believe in the professionals x

Daisy Sue
03-06-14, 00:52
Could be hayfever? Maybe try an over the counter antihistamine just to see (if you're ok taking them, that is). Quite a few people I know have started with hayfever this past week.