PDA

View Full Version : Ativan !!

eve22
02-06-14, 13:45
I was on Ativan for 2 weeks from a er dr, then when i went to my dr for a check up and refill she wouldn't give them to me, said i would get highly addicted to them and they wasn't good for me. Ativan is the only thing that works with my anxiety and Cit, my bff has them and she came over when i was in a panic gave me one and after about 15 mins i felt a lot better and got some great sleep!

Should i go to my other dr to get them?
Every dr is different and i really want to be on them knowing they give me relief..... She has me on Hydroxyzine/Vistaril and they really don't do what i need them to half the time:weep:

SADnomore
02-06-14, 19:21
Eve, I wish with all my heart that it wasn't the case, but in fact ativan and all the benzodiazapenes are indeed highly addictive. :weep: Worst part of that is that they stop working after awhile and it takes more and more pills to get the same effect. Viscious circle, and you really don't want to get in trouble for "double doctoring", which can happen. Did you ever ask for a beta blocker?? They are not addictive, and will help by slowing your body down. A good thing against panic. Very commonly prescribed here, sometimes as a single med for anxiety sufferers. Why don't you try them?

yenool
02-06-14, 20:29
Long term use of Ativan will more than likely cause physical and psychological dependence.

You can ask your other doctor but you need to seriously consider the long term implications. Once you are on them for more than a few weeks it will be difficult to stop and most likely require a slow taper (over months) to get off them.

I can understand why you would want them though.... they really do work a treat.

nomorepanic
02-06-14, 20:36
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

eve22
02-06-14, 23:03
Marie, my goodness i for got all about those, and you have brought them up several times to me, oh no i didn't know i could get in trouble, i will not do anything crazy like that, i have just been looking for a way out lately :weep:
Thanks for talking some sense back into me:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

My aAnxiety is a everyday thing now and i eel life its wasting my life away and my kids cause it just takes over, i just want to be happy with out all the pain and crazy thought, :scared15:
I can have the farts and in my head think i have cancer somewhere :weep::wacko:

SADnomore
03-06-14, 00:12
Lol! You're so funny, Eve! :roflmao: But anxiety isn't funny, I know! So go right back in to your doctor and ask about that beta blocker this week, okay? Are you on 20 mg still, or have you been bumped up to 40 yet?

Honestly hunni, no one blames you for thinking about more of those, and trust me, I am as desperate as you to feel better and have a normal life! We just have to have faith that the anti-depressants will do their work so that we feel better all the time (well, you know, like most people without anxiety and depression, which will be most of the time!)

8 weeks, I'm not sure with Cit, you may be way better soon. Like weeks 10-12. I'm sure there are lots of peeps on here who have been right where you are and can give you an idea of how long til that happens. C'mon peeps! :whistles: xx

Love, Marie :bighug1: :flowers: