PDA

View Full Version : Fingernails growing very fast, worried

Ryan92
02-06-14, 15:27
Hi everyone, hope you're all ok

I've noticed for the last 2-4 months, my fingernails have been growing much faster than normal. I googled this and it may be caused by stress, anxiety etc. Probably shouldn't have googled, its made me feel more anxious :lac: worrying about my health.

I just wondered has anyone else noticed their nails growing faster due to anxiety etc. If so, do you not let it bother you ? Sorry for asking such a silly question, even the smallest of things in my life like my nails problem can irritate me, make me feel anxious.

Thanks for reading :hugs:

AlexandriaUK
02-06-14, 15:29
Dr Google again, your nails grow fast if you are healthy so be happy, they do not grow fast if you are anxious and down x

flossie
02-06-14, 15:38
I also would suggest it is more to do with being healthy. I find longer nails annoy me so I just keep them trimmed to a more comfortable length. Obviously if you are worried then have a word with your GP when you next visit but I really wouldn't think it is anything to worry about.

Catherine S
02-06-14, 15:48
I can't believe Dr. Google put this down to anxiety on top of everything else! Finger nails..and toe nails too grow quicker in the Spring and Summer much like everything else, and slow down in the winter. Its a subtle change that affects hair growth too but maybe not as noticable with hair.

Ryan92
02-06-14, 20:52
Thanks for your replies everyone :D I suppose its not that bad, probably good. I don't google health worries very often, only ever a few times. Dr google sure can think of some rubbish :roflmao:

Also, thanks for the advice :hugs:

unsure_about_this
02-06-14, 22:06
My parents say I must be healthy because my nails grow quite fast