PDA

View Full Version : Boom out of the blue

Petesy
02-06-14, 20:20
Hi all i'm having an attack as i write this shaking uncontrolbally, disorientation ,numb hands, body is jerking like mad, off balance, heart is racing, i've already swalloed too much air,

Out off the blue Bang!!!!!!!! Plz help!

Petesy :ohmy:

Annie0904
02-06-14, 20:31
Do what I told you before, you must slow down your breathing. Deep breath in through your nose, hold it for a count of 5, let it out slowly through your nose and smile. Keep repeating. (The smile at the end is important) :)

Daisy Sue
03-06-14, 00:50
Hi Petesy... I hope by the time you read this you're feeling much better. Annie is so right - the breathing correctly is a very important step in bringing the anxiety symptoms down. Breathing too fast and too shallow (as we do when in panic attack) causes many of the things you've described above. Remember to control your breathing whenever you feel panicky, and repeat to yourself that you know what this is, it'll go, you'll be fine. If you put one hand flat on your tummy over your belly button, and breathe in & out slowly making sure you can feel your tummy rise and fall, you'll be taking proper deep breaths, then just concentrate on slowing those breaths down.