PDA

View Full Version : horrible new symptom

tracieann
03-06-14, 14:34
As you know I've been ill lately with terrible gastritis duodenitis that I'm scared is cancer I have major anxiety and depression too I've not eaten properly for four days and have had loss of appetite for about 2months force eating to keep weight on doc says endoscopy but not worried about cancer so I'm still going through hesitating lansoprazole at moment but been on omep anyway sorry about tmi but just had bright orange mucous poo diarrhea don't know what the he'll is going on any ideas lost a fair bit of weight which scares me please advise thanks:weep:

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

[QUOTE=tracieann;1323345]As you know I've been ill lately with terrible gastritis duodenitis that I'm scared is cancer I have major anxiety and depression too I've not eaten properly for four days and have had loss of appetite for about 2months force eating to keep weight on doc says endoscopy but not worried about cancer so I'm still going through hell waiting six weeks for camera taking lansoprazole at moment but been on omep anyway sorry about tmi but just had bright orange mucous poo diarrhea don't know what the he'll is going on any ideas lost a fair bit of weight which scares me please advise thanks:weep:[/QUO:weep:TE]

hanshan
03-06-14, 14:39
What does your doctor say? I'd trust them over any comment here.

tracieann
03-06-14, 16:21
She says bad gastritis flare up as I've had really bad time for 6months stress wise and anxiety wise she want me to change ppiback to Omeprazole and stay in 40mg for a week till I see her again it's sohardto eat burning all the time if this is cancer I can't,wait 6 Weeks scared out a of my wits

HoneyLove
03-06-14, 16:35
Tracieann, if you have gastritis then an empty stomach will make it feel worse. It'll also have a negative impact on your anxiety levels, imagine the stress you're putting your body through by not eating? You need to eat, for the benefit of your physical and mental health, you can't expect to feel good with no fuel in your system, it's like expecting a car to drive with no petrol in it.

You have to wait a while for the gastro referral, so why not take care of yourself as best as you can in the meantime, it will help you feel a little better.

Eat small amounts often, and make it foods that are easy to eat like yogurt, smoothies, fruits (no citrus though) and easy to digest carbs and proteins like rice and chicken. Keep a food journal to see which foods make you feel good or bad, it will help when you see the gastro doctor. Read up about gastritis diets and find out what foods to avoid or to eat more of to help your stomach heal.

Aloe vera juice and manuka honey can help soothe the pain of gastritis and aid your stomach in healing. Make sure they're compatible with your meds, and take them on an empty stomach. Drink lots of water.

Take the omeprazole your doctor recommended. I find it works better if you take it in two 20mg pills, one before breakfast and one before dinner, as opposed to 40mg all in one go. Don't cut the pills, just ask your pharmacist to give you 20mg pills instead of 40mg. Take it at the same time every day, don't skip a dose. When you come off it, wean yourself off slowly as it will cause acid rebound and symptoms similar to gastritis if you come off it suddenly or play around with the dose.

Be proactive in helping yourself. Even if you're diagnosed with something taking care of yourself this way will only help and make you stronger. Don't make yourself a victim to a disease you don't even know you have (and are not very likely to have), it's time wasted. Instead just be kind to yourself, treat yourself like you would treat a loved one with the same problems, and work to make yourself feel better. Take your health into your hands and do everything you can to feel good, that includes working on your anxiety and stress levels.

tracieann
03-06-14, 18:05
Thanks for your support honey love it's not been a case.of wouldn't eat more couldn't managed tiny bit today despite the pain not a great deal not a,bad,eater,usually don't,eat,much,crap foods,more jacket potato than,chips,me but,still have,all this,going on going,to,try my best starting on omep tonight

hanshan
05-06-14, 11:16
If the doctor seriously thought there was half a chance in a hundred that you had cancer, you'd be in hospital straight away.

The six week wait is the doctor's way of saying such a high degree of disturbance that you are reporting must have some other cause than cancer.

Cancer generally has few symptoms until its final stages.