PDA

View Full Version : Getting Better and Getting It Done

fduop
03-06-14, 15:24
Over the last weekend I was really wondering if I was getting better. After a few weeks of increased dosages of my meds, I felt stronger. But this past weekend was pretty rough. I had just started my grad school studies again and had to make 3 different long trips Friday - Sunday. Then had 2 class assignments to turn in Monday.

Needless to say, I was pushing my newly found relief. While I was uncomfortable most of the weekend, I did make it through. I had my moments of anxiety and panic, but after a while, I could function well enough to see the days through without losing it.

My point in posting this here is to remind myself and others, we are in a fight. My success this weekend wasn't an easy or comfortable victory. But it was a victory all the same. It gets filed away with the many other little victories I've had over the years I've lived with this illness.

If you can move forward do so, even if it's just a few inches. Because a few inched everyday add up to miles. You may never get comfortable, and that's okay. Use that feeling to your advantage by letting it tell you feel I'm uncomfortable, I must be moving.