PDA

View Full Version : online cbt for health anxiety?

Humly
03-06-14, 17:36
Does anyone know of any on line cbt courses specifically for health anxiety and how to handle things better and not think everything is sinister?

Fishmanpa
04-06-14, 03:00
I just posted this on another thread

CBT4PANIC (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665)

Many here have used this with great success. I used some of the techniques to help with depression and some occasional "scanxiety". The key is you have to practice the techniques so you can utilize them. It's also very insightful as it explains the physiological reasons behind anxiety. The more you understand why your body reacts the way it does, the better you'll be able to control the reactions.

Positive thoughts

Humly
04-06-14, 07:25
Thank you Fishmanpa. You know I already have theCBT4PANIC books downloaded. I thought they were just for dealing with panic attacks and I messaged Robin Hall about this a few years ago when it first came out and expalined my situation. He was really kind and told me that although they are specifically for panic disorders, many elements would be helpful to me especially the bits on obsessional thinking and mindfulness. I had forgotten about this and will go a have a look. Thanks for reminding me.