PDA

View Full Version : Phobia of picture being taken

sparkle_1979
03-06-14, 17:40
Well I'm usually on the health anxiety forum but that seems to be under control for now :yesyes:

This is something I can't get passed. I hate having my picture taken. I get a panic attack pretty much at the thought of it

I avoid places that I think someone will take a picture ...which means I'm missing out a lot, I've avoided parties, weddings etc...it's crazy and turning into a real issue .. I wouldn't mind so much but people post them on Facebook and if I see them I think I look awful ... It's mainly my teeth. My baby head butted me and now I have crooked teeth, my lips look uneven

It's really getting the better of me :weep: this really is not about being vain. I'm really not it's just I feel so ugly when I see my picture.

Hubby tells me different of course. He is going crazy that I wont have my pics taken with the children it's a real problem

Allicloud
15-08-16, 10:16
What about it scares you?

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-16, 12:13
What about it scares you?

I don't think the OP is coming back:

Last Activity: 23-09-14 23:36

randomforeigner
20-08-16, 16:25
I don't like it either, it's not fun. Nowadays you get your picture taken everywhere, at work, by friends, on the tube, in the street. It's just something to get used to. I try not to think about it, that helps a lot. I don't mind seeing an ugly or fat person, or just someone who's not photogenic, in a photo or IRL and assume it works like that in the other direction as well...

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

I believe it's a learned trait, my mum had it too and made a fuss whenever someone pulled out a camera. (She really didn't look any good in pictures).