PDA

View Full Version : Am i suffering with HA

little kyle
03-06-14, 19:09
I constantly worry about my breathing like something is wrong with my lungs or bronchitis.

I'm constantly using a peak flow to check my capacity. Now that I have mentioned Bronchitis and lungs I'm starting to feel like my chest is heavy and that I'm struggling to breath & veins in my hand have narrowed. I will get my peak flow now I write what I get considering my normally peak flow is between 400-450.. My peak flow is 410

I have been told by asthma nurse it is likely I have grown out of it and i should take into account my size which is 5ft6 and my weight 8st something

HoneyLove
04-06-14, 10:18
Hi Kyle, I'm sorry to see you struggling, many people with HA focus on their breathing and it can be a big trigger. Have you tried to get any help with your anxiety issues? You might be able to learn about hyperventilation and some breathing techniques which can help you relax.

ectopicsufferer
04-06-14, 10:59
Hi

I have asthma / COPD .... one thing an ex partner used to get me to do when i was getting all het up with breathing is he would get me to stand against a wall with my back flat to the wall and as i breathed in i would raise my arms until they were fully raised then as i breathed out i would lower them slowly, it is a good exercise in general for the lungs and if you concentrate on that and nothing else it does generally calm the breathing down, hope it helps xx

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

also might help to count to 4 when breathing in and count to 4 when breathing out and fully focus on that and nothing else xx

little kyle
04-06-14, 12:46
Thank you for the replays I will try that and I am getting help