PDA

View Full Version : Same spot headache?

LF87
03-06-14, 21:39
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone gets headaches that recur in the same spot? I get it every few weeks but today has been particularly bad. It's in the same exact spot and has been off and on since about 3 this afternoon.
I'm getting myself really upset thinking it could be something very serious. I saw my doctor a while ago about it but she just said to get my eyes tested and wasn't concerned.
Can you get migraines in the same spot?
Really panicking :(

Elliott
03-06-14, 22:35
You can get migraines in the same spot. I had left sided migraines for weeks that came suddenly and left suddenly. I ended up getting scan on my head which was clear, and the dr. explained to me that it was just a migraine. That was the worst headache I ever had, and apparently it wasn't even that bad. Go figure.

LF87
03-06-14, 23:10
Thanks Elliott. It's just it's literally in what feels like one spot, I could put my thumb on it. Right at the top side of my head to right side. And yeah mine is painful too. Makes me whince sometimes. It's come and gone in waves today. Then it seems to go away for a few weeks then come back. Do you still get them?
I'm supposed to be going on holiday on Friday but now I'm panicking over this. Maybe I shouldn't go is what I'm thinking?

Agadch
04-06-14, 01:04
LF87, for the past couple of months I've been having pains like this in my head too. Except its not always in the same spot. It can be in a different place everyday but for the whole day it will be in that spot. I got extremely anxious over the pains last week and went to the doctor but he said it didnt look like anything sinister. Don't let your health anxiety ruin your holiday! If your doctor didn't seem concerned about it then it probably isn't anything bad. Going on holiday and relaxing might even help the pain.

Elliott
04-06-14, 01:47
LF87, I have to agree with what Agadch says. You would probably be much better off just going and enjoying the holiday and trying to ignore the pain, if you can. It will be easier to ignore if you are not sitting back at home focusing on it.

Last night I had a headache that was literally in one spot behind my eye, and I put it down to tiredness and tension. You would be surprised how often we don't realize that stress or simple tiredness can contribute to a headache's onset. Headache also have a tendency to come and go, and not really require an explanation. Take some pain meds if that helps you, I had to do that when they got bad. Migraines come in patterns, I find.

Hope you feel better, and take care!

.Poppy.
04-06-14, 02:19
It could absolutely be a migraine. I have had migraines since I was 11 (I am now 22) and I -always- get my headaches in the exact same spot...right above my left eye, kind of where my eyebrow meets the start of my nose. My headaches range from fairly mild to one that put me in the hospital, but they are always in that same exact spot.

Migraines are somewhat common and there are plenty of medications available to help with them. You can also make some lifestyle changes, such as making sure you do not grind your teeth; that your pillow at night isn't straining your neck (both are things that bother mine); limiting caffeine, etc.

If you are truly concerned, go and see your doctor - they'll probably image your head but more likely than not everything's fine. Like I said, I had one that sent me to the hospital -- I wasn't able to get words out correctly, I was panicking, I was seeing blind spots, etc. and all my imaging came out clear. So headaches can absolutely be severe and be just a headache, nothing more.

LF87
04-06-14, 10:31
Thank you all very much for these replies.
I'm hoping it will have disappeared today, havent had it since about 11pm last night. I never thought about my pillow causing it actually. I sleep with two so my neck will be a bit strained. I've also noticed my right shoulder blade is always really tense, and painful to touch. I wonder if theres possibly a correlation? My left shoulder is fine, no headaches on that side really. But the right shoulder blade area is always sore. Can that give you headaches? Dunno if it's tension from stress (probably), or whether I just strain it often.
I am worried about the pain happening on holiday now. Incase there's a medical emergency whilst away. And there's no way I could get in to see my doctor at this notice unless I made an emergency appointment. But she did say last time she wasn't concerned, so should I just go with that?