PDA

View Full Version : When panic is so bad it feels like it might kill you

Freaked
03-06-14, 23:21
I am on adrenaline overload. Couldn't sleep last night and now today I'm just in a cold sweat, can't eat and dizzy. Keep feeling like it's gonna send my heart into arrhythmia or something. Very panicky and sick feeling and scared :-(

Mr.Jitters
03-06-14, 23:35
If you couldn't sleep last night, it's understandable that you feel this way today if you're anxious anyway. I feel the same way occasionally, thoroughly ill and although I know anxiety can't hurt me, my head is filled with 'What ifs'

What helps me is eating something small, even if I feel sick, getting into bed and watching a youtube video on my phone in the darkness. For panic, what helps me is http://youtu.be/y5PWwTv-FEM For anxiety rather than panic, I love the hypnobusters relaxation videos on youtube.

Might not help you, but I hope you find something that does help you! Feel better soon.

StrayWookie
04-06-14, 05:32
Yeah I hate that too. Everyone says that the body only releases a small amount of adrenaline and the panic cannot last BUT when your adrenaline is released slowly and your high level anxiety is maintained for hours and hours it gets so draining.