PDA

View Full Version : heart rates.

StrayWookie
04-06-14, 06:09
So I have been getting worse again with panic and anxiety again for the last 6 months at least. Though it is something I have been dealing with for 17 years now, it STILL kicks my arse.

Anyhow, when I wake up, no matter if I have had 5 hours or 11 asleep, I still feel like shit. If I check my pulse before rising it is usually in the low 60's, yet a few minutes after getting up my heart starts it's race. Like today it was up at 160, without panicking, just making a cuppa and doing the normal mental focus and monitoring of breath.

So my question to you guys/gals is... what do YOU call a racing heart? What do you rate your ticker at as being scarey fast? Half an hour ago I was over 160, now I am under 80, all with feeling anxious but not panic.

little kyle
04-06-14, 12:36
Anxiety/nerves can cause a fast heart right. Even in your unconscious thoughts that your not aware of.

It's when you start panicking it gets worse. Some people have anxiety/panic attacks that just cause a fast heart rate.

For me I would feel as if I can't breath and heart rate would be high.

Hope that helps in some way

Mr.Jitters
04-06-14, 12:49
For me, fast is over 140. Normal is about 100. Sometimes, mid panic attack my heart rate used to be around 60. I decided that heart rate is therefore not something to concern myself with, because it was just all over the place... like me :D

StrayWookie
04-06-14, 13:07
lol... Silly bodies and even sillier minds. Who needs them!