PDA

View Full Version : Resignation letter

NE21 worrier
04-06-14, 07:17
OK, so rather than just stew anxiously further about my situation, I have actually used this unwelcome early start to give a go at typing up a resignation letter for the first time as not having anything like this prepared was contributing to my anxiety.

I am not sure if I have been too honest in giving an exact reasoning for my resignation and this is not necessarily a final draft - but here is how it reads anyway:

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,

Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from the position of XXXX at XXXX.

As per the terms of my employment contract, I will continue to work for the department for the next four weeks, completing my employment on 2nd July 2014, subject to any start date coming through from any new employment.

For the most part, I have enjoyed working at XXXX and I am thankful for the support which I have received from the department during some difficult times for me personally. I do not think I could have asked for any more in this regard.

At this point, I want to make it clear that this decision is not as a direct response to my invitation to a formal meeting regarding my attendance but rather something which I have been considering for some weeks now.

Nevertheless, as noted in the invitation, the reasoning behind my resignation is my own concern about my ability to meet business objectives and the impact of this on my general well-being.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX XXXXX

bimmer18
04-06-14, 15:42
I personally don't think you need to add why you're resigning...but if you do, it sounds just fine. :)