PDA

View Full Version : Mad Attack last night

Helenas2
12-12-06, 13:25
Has just the worst ever attack last night - was asleep, woke up feeling incredibly hot, shaking, couldnt breathe, mind was racing, felt sick, stomach knotted, tight chested - got got of bed went and sat on sofa took 10 mins to calm down - sweated absolute buckets - my pj were drenched - it was so bad.
Why? is all i ask? why?

Mal
12-12-06, 14:37
As a newbie (today) I probably have no right to reply BUT I know exactly what you felt like as this happens to me regularly. I have even been taken, complete with blue lights, to hospital. The attacks have lasted up to 14 hours and still they tell me there is nothing wrong with me. This cannot be right if it is just anxiety but since I have a known heart problem they always assume it is a heart attack. When they find out, via blood tests, ECGs etc, that it is not they seem almost disappointed and send me home again. I believe that the anxiety attack causes the heart attack like symptoms and am now grappling with controlling that fear factor ..... but it is very hard to tell which is the one that needs an ambulance and which does not. Some nights I sit there, in bed, for several hours, wondering whether I will see the morning. Always have ~ so far ... but it doesn't help.

Ladym
12-12-06, 15:42
Why? Is my favourite question about pa's! I wish I could "fix" you, myself and everyone else who has to deal with them.
I don't know how much you have on your plate today, but as much as possible, chill. Just relax, maybe have a nice bath and pamper yourself. I think it's important to do something nice for yourself after an attack so that you don't get caught in a circle of self loathing about them.
Also, have you tried keeping a journal? The writings a great distraction when you start to get panicked, even if you can only manage to scribble seemingly random words - looking back, you may start to motice a pattern emerge, what was happening/how you were feeling before etc.
But for today, just relax - you deserve it.
Hugs
Anna xxx

Helenas2
12-12-06, 18:48
Thanks - i have actually managed to kinda get them under control ( for the past 2/3 weeks) i have been seeing a therapist at my surgery - been feeling quite positive about the whole pa thing - but last night proved me wrong - i hate this - i cant cope they scare me so much x i dont even want to go to bed tonight x [V]