PDA

View Full Version : constant hunger, Head pressure & foggy brain

Skylar Storm
04-06-14, 16:41
Hello all, I'm new to this site and I would like to explain my symptoms and see if anyone has any idea what they mean!

I'm a 31 y/o female and in October 2012 I woke up one morning and I felt a little woozy. I was hungry so grabbed something to eat and didn't think much of it. I began to get this woozy feeling regularly, I seemed to get hungry every 2 hours or so and instead of my tummy rumbling like usual to indicate the hunger, I felt it it inside my head. It was like something was squeezing my brain from the inside and I would feel pressure behind my eyes and in my nose. I felt a little unsteady on my feet but I didn't exactly feel dizzy. It is very hard to explain. It's almost like the feeling you get when you get a headache after not eating for a long time. Eating until I was full eased the feeling but it didn't go completely, it was just much worse when I was hungry. I went to the docs who said I had labyrinthitis and gave me some anti sickness medication which I took but it did nothing. I didn't have labyrinthitis. I went back again and they said I had blocked ears so had them syringed..that didn't help. I then had blood tests for diabetes, low blood sugar, kidney function, hormone imbalances, celiac disease, IBS, thyroid problem, I got sent to an ENT to look at my sinuses..all normal. I ended up putting on 2 stone in weight because of having to eat so often. My life became about when my next meal was going to be so I didn't feel so rotten. This went on for over a year with no diagnosis at all, the doctors have no idea. Then one day last year I felt normal, no fuzzy head, no pressure behind my eyes, actual hunger pangs instead of this intense gripping squeezing feeling in my head and when I ate a meal I felt full until the next sensible eating time.
I saw a nutritionist and hired a personal trainer to help lose the weight I had gained and learn more about the correct foods that my body needed. I changed my diet drastically and lifestyle and became very active for over a year, working out lots, strength training and getting really fit. The fuzzy head thing goes away when I exercise but it comes back when I stop. I haven't lost any inches either, I've put on a lot of muscle but haven't lost the fat. I still get hungry constantly and have to eat every 2-3 hours. This leads me to think that something else is going on. like my body burning food too quickly or something. I also had my eyes tested and found out I needed glasses but it only eased the wooziness a little and it came back fairly soon after that along with the hunger feelings that go to my head. I am at a loss really. I feel like i'm constantly fighting every day, trying to walk up a downward escalator. My nutritionist said it could be my body having a strange reaction to grief as my mother passed away suddenly about 7 months before this started happening and I am putting it all down to anxiety because no one has been able to shed light on it. I have actually been called a 'medical anomaly'. If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.

brittanybaril717
23-04-17, 06:02
Hi Skyler!

I know it's been a few years since you've posted but I thought I'd go ahead and try you. I have been experiencing almost the EXACT same thing, and I was honestly excited to see your post just to have someone to relate to and not feel completely crazy. About a month ago I had one instance in particular where I became extremely light headed and felt that buildup of pressure in my head and was afraid that I was going to pass out, so I ate a bunch of food very quickly to try and prevent it from happening, and eventually my light-headedness mellowed out. Though I thought I had recovered from the incident after getting my blood sugar back up, some of the days following, I had some serious hunger spells with the buildup of pressure in my head again and feeling like I was insatiable. I would eat, but still feel that pressure in my head and often around the bridge of my nose and in center of my chest. After a few more intense days of this, I think I improved some, but ever since then, most days over the past few weeks, I've been in the same scenario as you in that I get hungry every 2-3 hours and though sometimes I feel it in my stomach, most of the time I can feel it in my head. It's been inconvenient to have to eat/think about food constantly and has very much been a distraction in trying to get anything accomplished. I've also gained roughly 10 lbs through all of it, after having lost pretty much all of my excess weight only 2 months ago which has been a little discouraging. I truly am not wanting to overeat, but because of my symptoms I feel like I'm genuinely hungry and feel more worried about what will happen if I don't eat.
So sorry for all your struggles and unanswered questions through all of this! I truly sympathize with you, and couldn't imagine going through this ongoing situation for years... Were you ever able to get any answers or did your condition ever improve? I truly would cherish any help or support from you! Much thanks!

Pixiegirl
01-06-17, 20:58
Hi Brittany
Snap, I'm feel hungry all the time, makes me so shaky and anxious. I carry food wherever I go, but never feel full up. Arghhhh!!