PDA

View Full Version : Yet again more dental worry!!

LilysMummy
04-06-14, 18:53
Hello, ive posted a couple of times about dental worry ive been having, so as ive said before i had an absess which i was taking antibioics for and it healed and the dentist said he was going to remove the bad teeth once it had gone, went back to the dentist and it was still abit swollen so he prescribed a further 4 days of antibiotics, well i went back to the dentist yesterday and he is now saying he wont do any treatment on me until ive had my baby, im due in 4 days! now im really worrying that some kind of infection is going to get to my brain or heart, its driving me mad thinking about it!! i have pain in the back of my neck and head! what are the chances of an infection from your mouth getting to other areas in your body?? please any advice wauld be great!!

Humly
04-06-14, 19:47
I would think its highly unlikely. Plus, it sounds as if the infection has gone or he would have given you more antibiotics. Good luck with the new baby x

UKmamainUS
04-06-14, 21:03
I talked to my dentist recently about delaying treatment for an infection and he says in all his years as a dentist, and even with all the people who come in with infections they have had ages but never got treated, for various reasons, he had never seen anyone who had it spread to the brain or heart, or die from it.