PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety plus normal anxiety

darren1441
04-06-14, 22:11
Hi guys thank you all for being here for everyone.
Let me start by saying my grandma and grandad dies less then a year ago then I became ill with the flu. Every since that I have been so anxious about my health I start having pains all over my body and every time I wake up I feel dizzy does anyone els have this or am I alone :(

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Somebody reply please

HoneyLove
05-06-14, 09:02
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough year Darren, and that you lost your grandparents, that's very sad. Have you tried to get any help with your health anxiety, or to deal with the grief of losing loved ones?

darren1441
05-06-14, 10:34
Hi thanks for the reply I am on citalopram 10mg whitch makes me feel a little better after 2 and half week of side affects but I'm so worried about my health I get chest pains and always think it's something serious then I'm on Google searching for the worst

HoneyLove
05-06-14, 10:54
That's a good start Darren, the medication will help you feel calmer :)

You also need to do some mental work though, something like Cognitive Behavioural Therapy will help you to look at your thought patterns and change the ones that make you feel anxious. The medication will certainly help, but some other work needs to be done alongside it to help you gain control of your thoughts and fears again.

I'd recommend doing some reading on anxiety, there's a great book I read called Flagging Stress by Dr Harry Barry, it's a good explanation of what happens during mental health issues like anxiety.