PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie

elG1n
05-06-14, 11:50
Just joined today. Been to GP regarding increased anxiety over last few weeks. GP suggested a "listener" to discuss my anxiety with. But thought I'd register here also. Had very stressful time over last few months & need to offload. Hope some of you can help.
I really don't want to take medication, but this may be necessary if stress continues.

Antianxiety
06-06-14, 00:51
It sounds like you came to the right place. I joined about 6 months ago (wow) and it's really helped me out. I've suffered from anxiety for at least 20+ years and had the most powerful attacks this past December and into January. I feel I've improved quite a bit but with the help of walking, no caffeine, cutting down alcohol to as little as possible, meditation and lots of blood work for peace of mind. Note the blood work always comes back normal with a few numbers elevated at times but nothing to "panic" about. I've found some really good friends I've kept in touch with and yes it's all about listening to each other and helping each other in whatever way we can. People who do not suffer from anxiety think it's something we can just brush off and not the case at all. I wish you luck and congrats for taking the step :)

ray52
06-06-14, 17:13
Hi and :welcome: to the forum/site