PDA

View Full Version : ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS FOR ADULTS ONLY!!

Ma Larkin
12-12-06, 16:28
Hi everyone,

I'm having a traditional Christmas Day with the kids, then the ritual visit to Grandma's house, but on Boxing Day the kids are going to stay with their Dad for a few days.

Has anyone got any tips on something alternative to get a party going? I'm having a few friends round, like an "adult sleepover" and was thinking of having a "theme night". There will be lots of food and booze, but what should I do for entertainment?

Any ideas folks?? Any good CD's, DVD's games, dressing up etc???

Keep it clean haha!! (You don't have to really!!)

Thanks in anticipation.

Les, xx

chillx
12-12-06, 16:41
HI

I have read about these "adult sleepovers!!!!!!" LOL [:O]

chillx

Ma Larkin
12-12-06, 16:45
hahal!! I once had a Christmas Party in the middle of summer, it went down "like a house on fire". People still talk about it now, I'm a bit of a nutter, but really make an effort into getting everything just right (bit of a perfectionist where parties come into it). I haven't even chosen a theme yet (no beach parties please - too cold for bikinis lol!!)

LickeyEndBlues
12-12-06, 16:49
Ma..we regularly have out of season Christmas events and yes they are great fun.

We are planning a "racenight" in the New Year...dvds are about £15 from Amazon....you cab dress up for a day at the races.

A search on Amazon might help you for your adult theme!!!!!

Have fun

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Ma Larkin
12-12-06, 16:53
Cheers Iain, sounds a great idea.

I like to think of myself as quite intelligent (just blowing my own trumpet hear lol!), but (and I won't get into trouble with my mates for saying this because I say it to their faces), some of my mates would struggle with anything too complex (bloody hell, half of them wouldn't know how to play any games!) We just about managed Twister last year (I made it fun because unbeknown to my mates, I put baby oil on the mat!! (Don't be getting any pervy thoughts you lot, it was all innocent!)

I just love having a good time and making people laugh. I love being remembered by the daft things I've done, and believe me there are many haha!!

Les, xx

yorkylover
12-12-06, 17:21
What about Vicars & tarts,tv characters,film stars.Your house sounds like fun!!!!!
[:P]:)[:P]:)[:P]:)[:P]:)[:P]:)[:P]:)[:P]

Ellen XX

Nel
12-12-06, 18:01
I am at a loss as to what you mean, lol - is it an orgy you're hosting or what????

Nel xxx

clickaway
12-12-06, 18:06
Invite a few people from here. We could all go as Mad Hatters:D[^]:D

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Granny Primark
12-12-06, 18:15
Ellen thats exactly what i was going suggest. I love vicars and tarts parties. My hubby once dressed up as a vicar at the front then cut the back from the trousers, shirt and jacket and had bra, knickers, suspspenders and black fishnet stockings at the back.
Im brill on the karaoke singing Abba if you want invite me, and my hubby used to be a "Looney Len" the local dj.
Looney Len and loopylynn, no wonder i suffer with panic attacks!!!! LOL

Take care
LYNN xx

Sax
13-12-06, 03:51
Hahahahahaha Ma it sounds a scream and no Nel I don't think its a swingers nite or orgy [:O][:O][:O] (I might be misled)

My thoughts are Rocky Horror!!! Good singalong pmsl or a murder mystery night, I think you can get packs and send ppl their character beforehand, not that i've done it. I like someones suggestion of film characters too or Vicars and tarts.

OOoooooooooo looking forward to hearing how this goes.

Love Sax xx[8D]

Ma Larkin
13-12-06, 09:28
You guys have some serious problems haha!! Have any of you tried sex therapy, cos you sound like you're all going short!!

I like the idea of a murder mystery night, trouble is I could really murder one of my mates!! Best not, she babysits for me now and again!!

Vicars and tarts..... Now there's a thought. Might invite the Priest from my local church, he likes a good drink!! Then again Rocky Horror, some of my mates look like that normally!!

Loopylynn, you're hubby sounds like great fun, can I hire him for the night to be DJ! Could also have an Abba night!

My mum reckons I should have a "Worst Christmas Jumper" competition. I've got a couple of those in the bottom of the wardrobe somewhere! Bet you lot have as well lol!!

Nel
13-12-06, 15:37
Maybe I'm just boring, but I'd rather just go to a party and have a few drinks, some nice nibbles and a jig to some good music!

Saz - it was the adult sleepover (in the "") that threw me, I've went to parties at mates houses and stayed over but this is the first time I've heard the term adult sleepover [?]

Nel xxx

Ma Larkin
13-12-06, 15:46
It's not really a sleepover Nel, its just that I know my mates too well and I know it will be day light before I get rid of them! You know the kind, "drip til you drop". I'll make it to bed at some point and when I get up I'll have to climb over a dozen bodies to get to the kitchen and end up making breakfast for them all (hangover permitting!!)

Les xx

Nel
13-12-06, 16:20
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It's not really a sleepover Nel, its just that I know my mates too well and I know it will be day light before I get rid of them! You know the kind, "drip til you drop". I'll make it to bed at some point and when I get up I'll have to climb over a dozen bodies to get to the kitchen and end up making breakfast for them all (hangover permitting!!)

Les xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by Ma Larkin - 13 December 2006 : 15:46:20</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Right! I had visions of the old bit car keys being thrown onto the coffee table sort of 'do' LMAO [Duh!][Oops!]
Have fun whatever theme you decide on!

Nel xxx