PDA

View Full Version : hello all

megan222
12-12-06, 16:34
Hi there,

I'm Megan, and am new to the forum. I found this site through a recommendation from about.com, another great site about all things, including anxiety.

I started to have anxiety issues in my mid-twenties. I didn't take meds (was always too scared of them), and luckily, someone, the panic subsided.

In the last year, it has resurfaced, but now it's always related to some health issue - if I have an asthma attack, or if my blood pressure gets high, I think these stupid, irrational thoughts, like "what if I have to go to the hospital?"...or "what if the high blood pressure gives me a heart attack or stroke?"

I know all of these thoughts are illogical, but that doesn't stop me from panicking.

Medications, well, I am very sensitive/allergic to alot of them, so I rarely take what is prescribed! I'm sure I"m not alone in that boat.

So hopefully I can find some support here, and offer support to others at the same time.

Megan

LickeyEndBlues
12-12-06, 16:44
Hi Megan

Welcome to NMP. You will find support in here and your support will be greatfully received also.

The various forums will provide you with plenty of advice.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

clickaway
12-12-06, 17:00
Welcome to the site, Megan.

You need to get to the root cause of your worries and this will help your asthma and high blood pressure too!

I hope we can be of comfort to you and calm your anxieties.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
12-12-06, 17:07
Hi Megan and welcome to the site.Theres lots of support here and advise.;)

Ellen XX

honeybee3939
12-12-06, 18:14
Hi Megan

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
13-12-06, 15:44
Hi Megan,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'