PDA

View Full Version : help anyone

darren1441
05-06-14, 22:03
After seeing the doctor, visiting to the hospital and ringing the ambulance 2 times and been given the all clear with everything I'm still lied here feeling crap I'm so scared of this taking over me fully.
I'm 23
On citalopram 10mg almost 3 week

chrismanc
05-06-14, 22:12
I know it's hard but you have to keep telling yourself it is anxiety. I've had it for 2 years now and feel like sh*t some days but just try and carry on as normal. Have you read any books or practiced relaxation / meditation?

Chris

edwardthebear
05-06-14, 22:28
It is often said that Citalopram can take a few weeks before the benefit of it is felt and in that time it may well be that you feel worse before you start feeling better. Maybe you need to wait a while longer for the drug to bed in so to speak.

darren1441
05-06-14, 22:32
I have tried many things my biggest fear is dying to early even though I have no medical conditions and my family have none I still worry so much is this because of anxiety

clio51
05-06-14, 22:35
Give it time for the meds to do there job, everyone is different some find instant relief others take weeks to settle. Me it took months, I'm on venlafaxine.

It is only anxiety!! Yes it is terrifying and it feels like nothing else!! But it is just anxiety and that's what you need to repeat to yourself over and over to kick it in the bud. You need to try and not feed the anxiety with your thoughts, as this will only add fuel to it and get out of control.

Ask the doctor if you can do some CBT, read some books(from the libaray )

Booboojenny
05-06-14, 22:38
Hi Darren sorry to hear your not good:weep:
Have you tried aking a propanalol to help with your anxiety?
What did your GP say today? Did you tell our GP that you are still on 10 mg?:hugs:

darren1441
05-06-14, 22:39
It's hard to tell my self it's anxiety I lay on my left side put my hand to my ribs and I can here my heart beat I think is this normal. I get chest pains whitch I have been told of my doctor is because of anxiety but for some what reason I don't belive it weird it's like I want to be ill :s

edwardthebear
05-06-14, 22:39
Well it certainly sounds like severe anxiety & if your Dr has seen fit to put you on Citalopram that tends to confirm it. As for being worried about dying early - at 23 and with no medical conditions the chances are you have a very very long time left so try stop worrying !

darren1441
05-06-14, 22:40
Hi booboo my gp said Im fine I'm on the lowest list of actually having anything wrong with me.

chrismanc
05-06-14, 22:46
Keep reminding yourself of that Darren. As Clio51 said you have to tell yourself over and over that it is just anxiety. I sometimes get symptoms that I haven't experienced before, they scare me for a while but I have found that if I tell myself it is anxiety the symptoms subside

Carnation
05-06-14, 23:24
Oh Darren,

I have been there, I phoned 999, 111, The Samaritans, hung around the Doctor's Surgery until someone saw me, Cried until my face was red raw, felt pain like I'd never felt before. But, please, please believe me, it is all Anxiety. I really feel for you, its a desperate feeling and you even begin to think there is something wrong with you and everyone and anyone is not taking any notice of you. Its a Mind thing that makes the Body react like it is. You must try and calm down, tell yourself that you are going to be ok.
If you have to, phone The Samaritans, they are there 24/7, but they can't advise you, but will listen and calm you down. I used to wake up in the morning shocked I was still alive. Its a terrible illness and your Anxiety is working its Magic on you. I would suggest you go and see a Therapist as soon as you can, even if you have to pay, its worth it.

TheHusband
05-06-14, 23:28
....it's like I want to be ill

I've had this feeling myself. It seems so daft, but I don't think it is uncommon. Let those thoughts go.

Cilatopram usually takes at least 2 weeks to start working, if not more, and the leaflet says it can make you worse to begin with (suicidal even!). Fat lot of help that is...but get through the fortnight and it really does work well.

darren1441
05-06-14, 23:37
It's nice to know that there is other people out there like me if anyone needs to chat.

nomorepanic
05-06-14, 23:39
Darren - don't put your mobile number on here - it is an open forum