PDA

View Full Version : any idea? gallbladder?

Rochelle121
06-06-14, 00:02
Hello everyone.
Im just after some advice from anyone who has or has had/knows about gallstones/inflamed gallbladder?

I started getting severe throbbing pain in my chest when I was 8 months pregnant this pain would be strong and throbbing through to my back.it would come and go.
After I had my daughter it subsided and the throbbing was only occasionally and less painful. However I now have a constant pain/ache at the bottom of my sternum that somtimes can feel like trapped gas yet isn't really relieved by trying to pass wind.
The throbbing is more central sternum and under my right rib but the constant ache is really getting me down. I have pain mid/upper back too. My Dr prescribed omeprazole for reflux but ive had no relief whatsoever and have also tried gaviscon with no joy. I do occasionally suffer heartburn and did quite badly while pregnant untill I stopped eating chocolate so I know what that feels like. I also get the occasional sharp pain on the left side of my chest wich doesnt really concern me just annoys me. Its the constant ache and full feeling in/just below my sternum that I hate along with rhe back issues.
My mum says she thinks it is gallstones/gallbladder inflammation so I wanted to know if anyone has any experience. This has been going on for about 5months now and the constant ache/pains around 3months.
Thank you for any advice xx

Rochelle121
06-06-14, 08:40
Anyone?

Daisy Sue
06-06-14, 13:10
Hi Rochelle... I have no experience of gall bladder issues, but I've had similar symptoms to you in the past, and still get them if I'm not careful.

I have a tendency to oesophagitis - which causes horrid constant pain and discomfort, and acute pain when I swallow. I've also had food poisoning a few years ago which left me very inflamed through my digestive system, again causing similar feelings to what you describe.

If you want to know for sure, I'd guess you should ask your doctor to be referred for an endoscopy, but there's a few things you could try first.. go on a light diet, no spicy or fried or fatty foods... eat little amounts often... (no massive meals but don't go hungry)... drink lots of water, and try to keep up with the gaviscon or other over the counter ant-acid regularly every day.

Rochelle121
06-06-14, 15:14
Hi Rochelle... I have no experience of gall bladder issues, but I've had similar symptoms to you in the past, and still get them if I'm not careful.

I have a tendency to oesophagitis - which causes horrid constant pain and discomfort, and acute pain when I swallow. I've also had food poisoning a few years ago which left me very inflamed through my digestive system, again causing similar feelings to what you describe.

If you want to know for sure, I'd guess you should ask your doctor to be referred for an endoscopy, but there's a few things you could try first.. go on a light diet, no spicy or fried or fatty foods... eat little amounts often... (no massive meals but don't go hungry)... drink lots of water, and try to keep up with the gaviscon or other over the counter ant-acid regularly every day.

Thank you, my diet has been very bland for weeks now. I dont have any throat issues either and ive tried omeprazole and gaviscon with no joy at all wich is why im not convinced its reflux and I dont suffer coughs or burning throat or hoarseness.
Im sure its either muscle strain and/or gallbladder issues :/
Thank you for your advice xx

greenlady
06-06-14, 16:05
could be a hiatus hernia as thats my symptoms and i was diagnosed last week with a 5 cm hiatus hernia and esophigits..

unsure_about_this
06-06-14, 16:28
It could be a number of things, if you are worried like Daisy_Sue has said asked to be referred. one of the people I worked with had gallbladder problems I saw him a few weeks ago and was waiting for an appointment to have his removed.

I agree with diet

Rochelle121
06-06-14, 17:42
Thank you guys,
I have made an appointment to see my Dr but have to wait till Monday. Im just not happy he wont fob me off again so thinking what it could be myself :/ to suggest.

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

My pain is all mainly right sided like the right side of my back too :/

Kim51
06-06-14, 21:17
Hi Rochelle your symptoms are the same as I have been suffering, I have an inflamed/infected gall bladder and am having it removed at the end of the month, it could be you are suffering from something else, but your symptoms describe as the same as mine. It's nothing to worry about as your GP would confirm just damn painful and irritating. Good luck at docs. Kim :)

oldnews
07-01-15, 23:13
Honestly for a second i thought i wrote this in my sleep. I too started with this exact pain when i was 8 months preg. Its radiated into my back and burns in my middle stomach