PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

5oph8
05-06-14, 23:25
:welcome:Hello. My name is sophie and this is a quick intro of why I'm the person I am today.
For Most of my childhood I was over weight and often got bullied at school. Once I moved up to secondary school, I decided it was time to lose weight and lost 3 stone healthily. When I was 13 my weight severely dropped and I was underweight. with out knowing at the time, I was anorexic, but was forced to put on weight by my parents. I had no professional help, as my eating disorder had not been detected.
So, I slowly started to put on weight. At first, I found it very hard to deal with the idea that I was going to be gaining, but my parents wouldn't have any of it. This is when I developed binge eating. From there, I just got heavier and heavier, but reached a healthy weight. After months of feeling guilty and repulsive, I developed bulimia.
I was sent to CHAMS and was released after a few months, since my key worker thought that I had recovered, but truly I hadn't however, for a while, things started to get better and I felt ok.
But... Then things suddenly got worse and I'm stuck back at square one and hope to be going back to CHAMS soon.
Self harm has also been an issue, as well as anxiety at school.
To this day, I am still struggling with binge eating and bulimia. I desperately want to recover and would really appreciate any tips or hints on how to do so.
Thanks for reading :bighug1:

NotCool
06-06-14, 00:01
Hey, welcome.

Your situation sounds tough, and what struck my eye, was the part of your post where you wrote you're not getting professional help. While everyone here can offer you a kind word, it's not even close to the benefit of using knowledge and experience of trained professionals. So I urge you to find some professional support to help you with your problems. :)