PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER

godsangel
06-08-04, 14:54
Hi everyone,
my name is Allison and im a new member to this site my mother showed me this site this morning. After reading the storys i know now what i have are only panic attacks. 16 years old is when it started for me im now almost 20. you could say that i was obsessive compulsive. at age 16 my friend and my twin sister were just talking about how sometimes they feel like they cant breath just making conversation not really knowing it would affect me that night i went to bed, because of hearing what they were talking about i know felt like i couldnt breath and it scared me. from that day forth i worried about if i couldnt breath. it didnt hit me so much when i was 16-17 it would only come on me for a while and not enough that i was scared that i was dying. I think it was 2 years ago when i really felt them come on. I felt like i couldnt breath that i was going to faint or even die. I remember well that one day our family was coming back from out of the state and we were driving in our huge van. my mother asked if i liked to sit up front with my dad. i said sure and jumped up in the front passenger seat. of course he was going alittle fast b/c we were on the high way. right then and there a panic i really believe was my worst one even today i think it was my worst one yet. i really thought i was going to die it was so bad. i raced back to where my mom was in the back seat and was crying to her that i didnt want to die. i couldnt describe to you how i felt but only that something terrible was going to happen to me. i couldnt breath i felt faint and very shakey. i hap plenty of panic attacks after that and got on paxil i felt like that didnt help at all and got off it i started taking natural vitamin and it seemed to help very well and i didnt have a panic attack for a year! well know i think its been about 2 or 3 months and there back and there hiting hard. every day ive been having one it seems. feeling like im choking cant breath or im not getting enough air. some nights im restless and cant sleep and i wake up feeling bad. i know im building up phobias of not going into my car b/c they have happened in my car. i cant go into watch movies at the theater b/c they have happened there. i even had to quite my job b/c they were happening there. all i know is that today i feel great. its by the grace of God that i can get through this. He has helped me plently of times. those were times i was close to him and know that i feel like this thing is here to stay i know that im far from God. He is my strength. fear is from the devil and he comes in and attacks when we are at are weakest. I really encourge you all to find God if you believe in him trust me he is the way the truth and the light. he will find you through the darkness if you only reach out to him and call on him. i have much more to say but i feel like i will never get there. my yahoo messenger and aol is up on my profile i think. I would like to talk to people and help and be helped by others. thanks you guys and have a blessed day. "Our Lord the God of the troubled and the weary, come and save us."

Allison Spencer

sal
06-08-04, 16:04
Hi Allison

Welcome to the site. You will get lots of support and great advice hear.

Sorry to hear you panic attacks have come back with some force, but you seemed to have beaten it before so hopefully you will the same strength to beat it again.

Take care.

Sal xx

Meg
06-08-04, 18:03
Hi Allison,

Glad you've found some help on here .

You know that avoiding all these places will only make your situation worse. The panic attacks are instigated by how you think about things so will happen anywhere you are getting yourself worked up about your breathing.

Read First steps in the introduction page for some pointers on how to cope.

Good luck in your recovery .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Rennie1989
06-08-04, 20:07
hiya allison

im sorry that uv had these horrible attacks, my worst eva attack was wen i was 13 in sept 2003 and i couldnt breath at all, my fingers went into a cramp and so did my legs. my chest felt like a 1 tonn rock was ontop of it.

has ur religion helped u wid ur attacks, im a buhddist and i feel that has helped me

Jade

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

nomorepanic
08-08-04, 15:24
Hi Allison

Welcome to the forum.

You must try not to avoid those places because you had panic there. You need to gradually expose yourself back to them and get used to being there.

I used to panic in the car all the time and it has taken a long long time (over 10 years) to be able to conquer it. The only way I did it was to keep driving and not avoiding it.

I do avoid other situations but I am working on getting over them too as well.

Good luck

Nicola