PDA

View Full Version : Wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!

skippy66
06-06-14, 15:02
Do you realise that by sitting there worrying about your health all the time you are wasting your precious, wonderful life?

We are all terminally ill - we are all destined to die at some point in the future. Nobody can predict when that point will be - could be tomorrow, could be in 80 years time. The point is, what is the point of worrying about when? You need to enjoy your life RIGHT NOW because the present moment is all we have. You need to break out of this cycle of worry, symptoms and more worry because by being in this cycle you are NOT enjoying your life as much as you could be. And it's so precious. It's not a dress rehearsal.

What are you waiting for? Get off here, go out and have FUN.

Rant over.

Jonesle
06-06-14, 17:53
*like*

Amandala
06-06-14, 18:08
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Oh, and skippy- I would really love to read your book- is it only on kindle or can I get it on my iPad? :)

MRS STRESS ED
06-06-14, 18:21
Your so so right skippy and guess what im going out tonight now thats something I dont do xx

HoneyLove
06-06-14, 18:41
This is a weird thing Skippy, a few years ago when I was deep in my anxiety issues I used to feel incredibly guilty about how I wasn't living my life properly, I was just wasting it with worry and anxiety. I tortured myself with the thought. It wasn't until I really started to try to make myself happy and started doing the things I want to in life that the guilt began to lift. This is a tough one for folks with anxiety, but it's something that we need to recognise and should be reminded of from time to time, so it's a good thing to bring it up here.

Amandala, there is a Kindle app for the ipad! I use it to buy Kindle books from Amazon sometimes, it's very handy :)

Amandala
06-06-14, 20:45
Thanks honey love! I'll download the app :)

UKmamainUS
06-06-14, 20:51
I find this somewhat patronizing. Sure, I may be wasting my life worrying (actually, I'm not, I live a very fulfilling life) but it's not like I purposely choose to have anxiety. I'm not sure why anyone on here feels they have the right to "rant" about other people having anxiety, especially since this is an anxiety board. If I can't come here to talk about my issues without being reprimanded for having anxiety, the really, where is the point of this board?

rebeccad
06-06-14, 22:11
Thanks skippy more great advice , will you be my therapist lol xx

MRS STRESS ED
06-06-14, 23:28
I find this somewhat patronizing. Sure, I may be wasting my life worrying (actually, I'm not, I live a very fulfilling life) but it's not like I purposely choose to have anxiety. I'm not sure why anyone on here feels they have the right to "rant" about other people having anxiety, especially since this is an anxiety board. If I can't come here to talk about my issues without being reprimanded for having anxiety, the really, where is the point of this board?

I dont think this was the aim of this post maybe you have read to much into it

Catherine S
07-06-14, 00:47
Sorry I was just trying to explain that's all, but sorry if I made you feel that way. Apologies also to Skippy for any misunderstanding. It really was meant tongue in cheek.

ISB

bimmer18
07-06-14, 01:38
Well this intended positive thread took a negative turn. How unfortunate. Regardless, thank you Skippy for reminding us to stay hopeful and do the best we can to keep on truckin! Life is too short and precious for us to ruminate in negativity. Never stop fighting for what you want!!!

RoseEve
07-06-14, 07:13
I feel skippy that the big turning point in conquering my anxiety was asking myself what's scarier, dying young or living to 90 having never really lived. Great post.

HoneyLove
07-06-14, 08:07
That's my point though, ok here's an example...80 years? what are you 5 years old :D is this advice in your book :hugs: :D

See what I mean now? You wouldn't automatically think I was being rude with those smilies thrown in would you?

ISB the problem with the online world is that it's impossible to tell the tone of someone's voice or get the real meaning of their words without actually hearing them speak. It's why emoticons were invented, they replace facial expressions and help to express what we mean, like when we're telling a joke or teasing someone a winking face can help show we're not actually being literal. You might think that they're silly looking or that it's gushing, but the truth is that they simply serve to communicate your meaning better.

When you read your original post without knowing what your meaning was, it does come accross as if you're scolding Skippy. We know now that it wasn't your intention, but without any clue to your real meaning we will take the words literally as you write them! Emoticons can just help to clear up any possibility of crossed wires in communication. You don't need to overuse hugs or be saccharine with your use of them, but sometimes with a joke a winking face helps!

Catherine S
07-06-14, 11:46
Point taken and deletion is under way as we speak....

ISB x

MRS STRESS ED
07-06-14, 11:54
Me and ISB have sorted out the problem it was misunderstanding on both sides and we still remain friends sorry xx and just for you IBS some :hugs: lol xx

Catherine S
07-06-14, 12:34
Noooo, stop with the flippin hugs! :lac:

ISB x

tiredofthis14
07-06-14, 12:38
it is true though we all are wasting our lives even though we dont do it because we want to x

SarahH
07-06-14, 21:35
Skippy you rock:yesyes:

skippy66
08-06-14, 18:33
Sorry I was just trying to explain that's all, but sorry if I made you feel that way. Apologies also to Skippy for any misunderstanding. It really was meant tongue in cheek.

ISB

I missed what was written - just checked the thread today.

Humly
08-06-14, 18:50
Its true what you are saying Skippy but I remember when someone once told me to just pull myself to together and stop feeling sorry for myself. It didnt help in the slightest! If it was that easy then we wouldnt be here. But I do appreciate you are trying to get us to change the way we think about it all.

Rennie1989
08-06-14, 18:59
I do agree with you.

I have only started learning last year that there is just no point in worrying about something that may or may not happen. The best thing is to worry about something when it actually happens, and it's amazing how you react when that problems arises.

I know it is easier said then done, because I have gone from paranoia (the true form) and anxiety over every minute detail of my life to pushing big worries aside. It can be done but it takes a lot of perseverance and an acceptance that it will not work over night.