PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning fear...

ItShouldGetBetter
06-06-14, 22:32
Hi Everyone,

I'm a severe emet phobia and it's probably no surprise that i've searched online and know that you can get food poisoning if rice isn't cooled/reheated properly.

I went to a restuarant today and had Chili, which I love. I usually get it from a restaurant which is under the same company and uses the same distributors etc. as the one I ate at today. (imagine 2 chains of burger king, very similar preperation techniques)

As my brother and dad both worked in the restaurant I usually eat at, I trust them, but eating at this other restaurant i've started to worry about the way that they reheated the rice in my good. I'm sure they use the same distributors and i've eaten the same thing at the other restaurant loads of times, but I can't stop worrying!

Anyone have any coping mechanisms or words of wisdom?!

aprilmoon
06-06-14, 22:42
Just keep yourself busy and distracted.Thinking about this is the worst thing you could be doing, because you almost certainly have nothing to worry about.
I had this phobia for many years,I didn't know it actually had a name! I've pretty much conquered it though by facing it head on and its now lost most of its power over me,so it can be done.:)

ItShouldGetBetter
06-06-14, 23:11
Thank you for your reply!
Its so difficult lying here in bed not to worry as I have nothing to keep my mind on. It's nice to know that someone else has been through something similar and lived haha

aprilmoon
06-06-14, 23:25
Get up then and find something to do! Lol
You do live,it just feels awful,but you do come out the other side.:D