PDA

View Full Version : wasting life!!

eve22
07-06-14, 01:56
I'm starting to panic cause i have been dealing with severe anxiety for 5 months now, every single day, and i feel like its wasting my life away :weep::lac:
I feel awful everyday and i have to cover my emotions up with a fake smile in front of my children, i don't want them to see mommy's pain... I forgot who i am, who i used to be, i feel lost trying to find myself in a F***ing anxiety maze!!!:scared15::weep:

I'm seriously thinking about going to mental health for counseling:scared15::ohmy::weep:

Mr.Jitters
07-06-14, 02:26
I'm sorry you're feeling like this right now. But it's understandable that you are. Anxiety eats away at you. Quite literally. Anxiety is a normal part of everyone's life, but when you're affected by an anxiety disorder, it becomes overwhelming, and we remove whole chunks of our lives in order to avoid suffering. We often feel like we're losing our very soul to it.

The unfortunate truth about recovery from anxiety is that we'll often never be ready, feel strong enough, or the wind will be blowing the wrong way for us to take those parts of our lives back and stop anxiety from disabling us - but that's the only way to do it. To live our lives despite the fear. Understand and accept the anxiety, and not worry about trying to push it away. Eventually it doesn't bother you anymore. And it may rear it's ugly head again, but you'll beat it quicker then.

There are lots of tools that can help you do this. The good news is, you're searching for answers and in all the right places. Counselling was one of the most beneficial steps I took towards controlling my own anxiety, because it was the first step I took in taking my life back. It was also one of the most frightening before I went, but it turned out to be one of the most comfortable things I've ever done.

Don't worry too much about the children seeing your pain. Just be sure to show them that there's infinite joy in life, and strength in the face of adversity, as well as pain. When you're through this, and living the life you want, imagine what a role model they will have as a mother!

I hope you're feeling better soon :)

eve22
07-06-14, 03:02
Mr. jitters, thank you so much,i really needed that, you just dont know how much of a boost you just gave me, im so grateful:bighug1:!!

Dee123
10-06-14, 19:53
Hi there i also feel like im going crazy through this crazy thing anxiety!! The docs seem to also think we are too! But really we arent i have anxiety every single day and all day too its awful i was wondering if any of you suffer from burning in your left arm and shoulder as my docs say this is also due to anxiety om not so sure but ive had this constant for 4 days now its driving me mad

jefferina
10-06-14, 19:58
Really helpful reply thanks for posting( mr jitters)

nutty nic
18-06-14, 15:54
Eve I have also been suffering anxiety for 5 months now - like you every day. I took 6 weeks off work in the beginning but in the end forced myself back to work. My children are 17 and 14 but I still try to hide most of how I'm feeling from them as I don't want it to affect them. I have some days that are better than others but today is not good - just sat and cried for nearly an hour.
I have been having counselling and CBT, which has helped me understand and start accepting this thing but it truly is hard. Unfortunately there's no quick fix but I believe that the more I accept it and the more time passes that eventually I will get better and be the person I was before.

Dee, I can relate to your arm and shoulder pains. I have had pain in the top of my chest, which radiates across my shoulder and down my left arm. The doctor assures me that it's muscle tension brought on by the anxiety. I've had it for a couple of months now and it's not getting any worse so I guess she's probably right!

Here's hoping we're all in that good place very soon! :hugs: