PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning Panic

AnxietySufferer
07-06-14, 12:01
Okay, so this morning I went to the fridge and there was some cooked chicken (you know the packets you can buy which is ready cooked when you buy it) the packet was already opened and I didn't even think to look at the use by date... I ate it because we had builders in the house and I couldn't get to the toaster to make some toast.... Anyway I wasn't feeling too well before that I'm not really sure why (I felt sick) and now I have eaten this chicken I am really worried I have good poisoning. I ate it today (the 7th) and the use by date was the 5th. I am so worried :( this was about an hour ago.. How long till I know if I'm going to be ill? I have a fear of being sick.

tiredofthis14
07-06-14, 12:35
relax hun it should be fine as was in fridge try to not think about it i know its hard because thinking it is going to make you feel sick because yoru waiting to
im sure yourl be fine x

.Poppy.
08-06-14, 01:39
Like the other poster said, since it was in the fridge it's probably fine. Most of the time "use by" dates are conservative - as long as it was sealed when you bought it and wasn't moldy, you're likely in the clear.

In any case, food poisoning is awful (I recently suffered a terrible 2-day bout of it), but it's not typically fatal if that's your concern. It usually rears it's head about 24 to 48 hours after exposure, and if you *do* get it (again I really don't think you will) I do recommend seeing a doctor for anti-nausea medications...they worked wonders for me.